Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot access my arlo account "not connected to the internet"

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
davidmildon
Aspirant
Aspirant

"not connected to the internet" message keeps preventing me from accessing my account at Arlo. David

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you where the base is located?

If you are , the first thing to try is a power button reboot of the base unit.

If not, and the RESTART button is grayed out in settings, there is not much you can do remotely.

(thats why many of users use a UPS for the base in remote locations )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not clear to me if you're getting that message when trying to open the app or when logged in and trying to access your system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

davidmildon,

Are you sure the device you are using to log in to your Arlo account has an internet connection? Check another application requiring internet to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

davidmildon,

We have had some reports of this occuring for some people intermittently. I experienced it myself once last week, however I haven't seen it again since then. It should just be a "nuisance" error as it doesn't affect the actual functionality (if you are finding that to not be the case, let me know). I followed up with Engineering and they are actively working on an update that will address this error. Barring any roadblocks, it should be in production soon. We'll update you when that is launched.

Dawn Marshall
Community Manager, NETGEAR