Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
AK
Initiate
Initiate

OK, tearing out what little hair I have on this one. New Arlo kit, set up, connected to router properly, new account set up. But I've never been able (so far) to stream even a second of video. I've opened up the requisite ports on the router, tried rebooting everything in the router chain, all to no avail. Same behaviour on web browser and iOS clients. I can get positional snapshots, but no live stream, and motion detection does work because it notifies me, but nothing is being recorded at that time. Logging in, I'm constantly encouraged to "Stream your new camera"... but it won't.

23 REPLIES 23
AK
Initiate
Initiate

Oh, and to throw a few more details into the mix. Have tried iOS (iPhone 6), Android (LG G3) and browser clients (Chrome/Safari), all with the same result. Have tried resetting and resycing cameras, which are found, and setting rules for recording. They definitely work in a motion sensing way but don't record anything when they do that despite being told within the rules to do so.

roscoe46
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to see the answer as I am having the same problem.

Rex
Guide
Guide

I had the same problem. Total nightmare. wasted the better part of half a day on it. Had the system replaced as it looked like the base station was faulty & now I'm stuck with the problem that the new base station can't get online because the system is stuck in a loop looking for teh old non-existant base station...
So much for easy set-up...

Shane
Initiate
Initiate

Having similar issues. For some reason, I cannot live stream and I cannot see recorded footage from motion detection. It worked okay yesterday for a few hours.

Eric
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought mine in Australia and am facing the same issue too. Contacted support on live chat followed by about 15min of expensive international call but still cannot resolve it. I had to stop the lengthy troubleshooting process midway, so was told to check on the Internet download speed and will get a call back again tomorrow to asses the situation. The download speed tested on 9:30pm AEDT is about 2.5-3.2 Mbps. If I can watch Internet streaming TV on this speed, surely it can't be a problem for Arlo.
Simon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in Austrlia, and started to notice this issue since about 2 hours ago. For me, all the recording-related features are not working. Like live stream, and no video clips in library for today even I got over 10 notifications. Also the position mode is not working either. I was wondering whether it is possbile the issue in on the server side?

Rex
Guide
Guide

Hmmm... okay, I'm in Australia too & Arlo has really only been going live to the public for the last couple of days (I gather)
I can't stream, take snapshots, use positioning, anything.

The cameras are there & synched all A-OK but any attempt to access them & I get an alert that the cameras are in use & I can cancel this by powering them down. A very unhelpful bit of advice as there is no information on how you actually power the cameras down so I can only assume that to do this you pull the batteries out which I have tried & did not get anywhere.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon AK,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the ability to stream your Arlo cameras. Based on the number of people that appear to be based in Australia reporting similar behavior we are actively investigating the potential cause of this issue. I'll provide another update once we have investigated further.

Thank you all who posted to this thread!

I'll be back in touch soon!

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon AK,

Our engineering team believes they have identified and resolved the issue that was preventing you from being able to stream your cameras.

Can you try accessing and streaming your cameras again and let us know if the problem persists?

For all the folks experiencing this issue, please except our sincerest apologies for any invconvenience this issue has caused.

I look forward to your updates on this topic!

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Rex
Guide
Guide

Hi Christine,

Your techs seem to have fixed the issue for me.

I wasted over 1/2 a day trying to set-up a new 2-camera system, even had it replaced as it was assumed that I had a faulty base-station but now it's working as expected.

Netgear really needs a proper help option outside of the forums so customers don't waste so much time trouble shooting YOUR problems.

roscoe1946
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is now working and while I wated a bit of time and was getting ready to ring, I appreciated that the problem has been addressed and fixed

Eric
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is finally working after an overnight software update!
It is so easy to use.
If you need any help, highly recommend using their live chat support especially when not in the US. http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/
Mermaid
Initiate
Initiate
Hi I am in Australia - same problems - can't live stream / can't check position / my 3 cameras do pick up movement though and clips in library - any news on a fix - main reason I bought them was for the live stream -
RiverFox
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras, but have only installed 2. Both cameras were go live for about 2 months. now they won't go to live. Base station all lights are green, have resync both cameras, factory reset on base, aslo setup as a new station, still know live view. setting page dose show camera in the new postion but not on live view. Getting readyto dump the whole thing in the garbage, what a waste on money.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RiverFox,

What is preventing you from live streaming? Do you get any error messages when attempting to live stream? Are these cameras capturing recordings from motion detection?

Consider opening and closing the battery compartment door and pay close attention to the camera LED behavior. It could be that the batteries are depleted and need to be replaced.

JamesC

mrbees92
Tutor
Tutor

I;m having the same issues 2 other cameras work fine but the 3rd one is detecting motion im getting emails but no images i have treied everthing, it just says press the live button to see your new camera in action and does nothing else just loads and loads and then stops, same for when trying on a pc 2 cameras are fine the 3rd one dosnt want to show an image.... any ideas???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing the problem camera from Settings and then resync it.  Does that help?

RiverFox
Aspirant
Aspirant

James

I have done everything in the troubleshooting suggesting here. Move base, took out batteries, factory reset.etc.ect. Tried this mornig, first chrome they streamed

live, loged out went to firefox, both cameras green screen. The i went back to chrome and no live stream. I know they are on line can reach the with my phone.

Have been working on this for two days now. They did work for 2 months, now nothing.

RiverFox
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat

I have resync both cameras a few times. they work, then i'll go back to login sme time later to find out they with know live stream.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RiverFox,

What error message are you getting when attempting to live stream?

JamesC

RiverFox
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is crazy. My land view pogram shows Arlo is on-line. Both cameras are working and recording to my library. The are showing live view on my cell phone and my tablet. On Firefox is shows green screens, on Chrome its show the last picture that was detected,and when I click on live view, the.Please wait screen just stays there an never changes.
I have never got an error number or a popup window. These two cameras have been working foe two months with no problems, I could see if there was a problem with one browser but not both of them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kinda a shot in the dark but make sure both browsers are up to date and that the latest Flash is installed in FF.  Live view (and perhaps all the display in the Cameras tab) uses Flash.

RiverFox
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat, Thank You

Your shot in the dark hit it's target. I went to my settings in chrome, click on the "help" then click on the "about google chrome". Where it was supposed tell me that Google chrome was up to date it just keep loading. I went to my task manager then services section and look for chrome or google. I found that the "Google update service" was disabled, right clicked on properties and set it for automatic then click on run. reboot my computer resync the cameras. And that seems to work. so far I have live stream. But I still have green screens of firefox. Going to uninstall firefox and see if that fixes it.