Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Change Motion Sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
fmossler
Follower
Follower

First night that my camera is active! It is scheduled to turn on from 20:00-08:00, has only been on 50 minutes and already lost 5 percent battery bc it is detecting motion that is not visible from what I can see. I have tried to change sensitivity on motion (not sure if it is cars on the street or bugs that is making it capture) but the website says to click "mode" then the camera I want. Plot twist: under "mode" all I have is the base station and no camera. Help!

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

fmossler wrote:

First night that my camera is active! It is scheduled to turn on from 20:00-08:00, has only been on 50 minutes and already lost 5 percent battery bc it is detecting motion that is not visible from what I can see. I have tried to change sensitivity on motion (not sure if it is cars on the street or bugs that is making it capture) but the website says to click "mode" then the camera I want. Plot twist: under "mode" all I have is the base station and no camera. Help!

Try and not cover to much area at one time or it's possible to get a lot of flase triggers ( from cars in road, etc ).  The PIR for poeple is good to a max of about 20ft si try and limit the coverage to that area for it to sense well.

Also try to adjust the sense level a small amount at a time. ( and bugs can set it off at times )

To change sense level;

Click on MODE

Click on BASE and modes will appear in right side column

Click on the MODE you want to edit, use ">" to edit same

you should now see the cameras, pick the one you want and hit EDIT

Drop down to MOTION is detected and hit edit again

The sense level slider is there... when you back out ( go BACK one page ) SAVE at bottom of the previous page

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
independentmzue
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot change the camera sensitivity. When I go to "Mode" and click on my base, there are no edit options for any modes. I am up to date with my firmware and cannot find any other options. Help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No pencil or > characters on the right of the modes?
independentmzue
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. There is a > next to custom mode, but nothing happens when I click on it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'd suggest a reset of the base. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Add the base back again using the Add Device button in the Devices tab and sync the cameras. That should rest everything back to normal.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

independentmzue,

It sounds like you may not have access to edit the modes. Are you using a shared account via the Grant Access feature? If you do not have Access Rights enabled on the shared account you cannot edit the modes. You will need to talk to the primary account holder to check to see if Access Rights is enabled.

JamesC