Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't sync to base

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
punkysweet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased an Arlo with three cameras. The base is on and internet light is green. I tried syncing each camera and none synced successfully. Yes, batteries are loaded.
8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@punkysweet

I think I read that you need to go into your device page, delete the base and re-add it.

Brian

punkysweet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! I'll give that a try!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.

punkysweet
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried both suggestions. Thank you both. But to no avail. So frustrating. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the units? Weird that none of them will sync. I'll keep trying. Thank you again!
brh
Master
Master

@punkysweet

Are all the lights on your base green?

If so, are you able to see what the system is doing through a web browser on a pc?

When you try to sync the cameras, are you bringing them within 2 to 3 feet of the base?

At this point I think you probably need to do a factory reset. You don't have much to lose.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

If that doesn't work possibly it is a regional thing. I am not sure if every region is up and running yet.

Brian

punkysweet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Brian.  How long should the reboot/restart take?  My phone has been "Please Wait" and (I guess) restarting the base for almost two hours.  Is that normal? 

BTW - I wasn't aware that NETGEAR/arlo wasn't everywhere.  Maybe that's the issue.  I'll investigate.  Thanks for the suggestions. 

brh
Master
Master

@punkysweet

When you do a factory reset, you push in the litle button for 10 to 15 seconds. until all the lights on the base turn amber. After that it should take 2 to 5 minutes to reboot. The power and internet lights should turn green. The camera light should stay amber. as by resetting the system removes the base station from the system.

You now have to go to your Devices page and add the base back in. 

After that, you resync the cameras one at a time.

What I meant about regional, is that some people in different regions can't get their systems up and running regardless what they do. In other word s the midwest US might be working, byr the East coast might not be.

If your system is not coming back up, please answer the questions I asked in my previous post.

Brian

punkysweet
Aspirant
Aspirant
I followed your suggestions. I performed the reset (along with all of your other suggestions) and still no luck with syncing the cameras. At this point, I honestly think I have a defective unit and will be requesting another unit.
Thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate everything you did.