Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TemplarLSU
Tutor
Tutor

I have an R7000 router with firmware V1.0.6.28_1.1.83.  I have four Arlo camera's that I can't sync up to the router.  I press the WPS button for 3-5 seconds, it starts to blink.  Then I hit the sync buttons on the cameras and then the WPS button stops blinking.  The Arlo camera will blink blue a few seconds and then the amber lights starts to blink.  I attached the Arlo base station to the router and sync the camers through that and it works fine.  Anyone run into this issue?

Should the WPS button keep blinking throughout the sync process?  I've factory reset the router and reloaded my router settings.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TemplarLSU
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, I've figured it out for my particular issue.  Looks like you need to have the SSID on your 2.4ghz channel for the camera to sync with the router initially.  Once it set it to broadcast, the cameras were able to sync to the router.  I turned the SSID off after the sync and the cameras still work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TemplarLSU
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, I've figured it out for my particular issue.  Looks like you need to have the SSID on your 2.4ghz channel for the camera to sync with the router initially.  Once it set it to broadcast, the cameras were able to sync to the router.  I turned the SSID off after the sync and the cameras still work.

koinsatx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue but I do have SSID enabled for both the 2.4 and 5Ghz channels.  Anyone else have ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a new installation or have the cameras been used before with the base? You'll need to remove the cameras from the base station configuration before you can add them to the router.

TemplarLSU
Tutor
Tutor
I was wrong in my initial statement. You actually have to keep your SSID broadcasting all the time or the cameras won't resync with the router if it reboots.

I only have the 2.4 band broadcasting. Didn't have to turn on the 5ghz band.

I may just switch to using the base station as I personally don't like to broadcast my network ID.
spopiela
Guide
Guide

Have you received any solution to your problem? I am experiencing the same exact issue with latest firmware in R7000. I have synched 3 cameras to the R7000 but the 4th (at a later time) won"t connect. I have tried the camera firmware reboot with micro usb. I have tried the SSID Tx solution. There is an R7000 Beta  version available from Arlo Support. Anyone using it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, I'm using it and at least one other person here has said he's using it.  I've had no problems using 3 wireless cameras and one Q.  If you install the beta, do a factory reset and start fresh.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spopiela,

What is the camera LED behavior when trying to sync? This could be a camera issue rather than the R7000 firmware. Have you tried fresh batteries?

JamesC

spopiela
Guide
Guide

Hi,

thanks for your responses. After discussing issue with the second tier arlo tech, they gave me an RMA to send the camera back. I tried all the usual suspects including batteries, but not being able to reinitialize the firmware was the final try. Camera led went blue for about 5 sec and quit. LED visual when trying  to initialize sync was different if I let r7000 manage both rf bands with single Sisid or if I let sisid go out for each band to let devices connect Just no connect with last arlo camera. 

R7000 control of arlo was added by netgear well after arlo cameras initially came out, so was not sure if hardware had changed in cameras or if I had very early firmware that couldn't deal with an r7000 direct hookup.

Anyway, netgear was great in helping me. Camera goes back tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how the replacement works out.