Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't seem to sync camera to base station once batteries are replaced.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NickelodeonFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently purchased the Arlo package and have 9 cameras running. We frequent one specific camera, one of the wireless Arlos, so that battery has naturally depleted. 

I've recently picked up some rechargable batteries and after putting them into my camera, my system didn't recognize the new batteris and still said "replace batteries". I read that you need to fiddle around with the system a bit and re-add your camera, so I removed this camera from our system, but now it won't re-sync with the home base. 

I've tried everything and can't seem to get this to work. The blue light just keeps flashing on the Arlo camera slowly. Doesn't matter what order I do it in (Push the sync button on the homebase, and then on the arlo, or sync the camera and then the homebase), and only a few times have I had the camera go to a rapidly blinking orange light. 

Can anyone assist here? It really shouldn't be this hard and of course I'm now past my 90-days for technical support. 

Thanks! cAN'T 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NickelodeonFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I got it to work. 

Through a series of trial and error, I first pressed the on/off button on the base, turning it off. Then I unplugged the entire base from the power for 30-seconds.

Once I plugged it back in, all of my cameras, including this one that I was having problems with, were back online and ready to go. 

Thanks everyone! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exactly what rechargeable batteries did you buy? The 3.0v Li-ion batteries are known to not work and the 3.7v ones need to be good quality, such as the Tenergy set that Arlo has certified.

If all is good, try power cycling the base. Also, some batteries are a slight bit bigger than the OEMs and have a tenency to get stuck in their slots. When installing batteries, be sure to just place them in the slots and let the battery door do the pushing.

NickelodeonFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. 

I purchased the Aro rechangable system and it came with the 3.7 Tenergy Lions you've mentioned. This is the first time I've used them, and they're sending power to the camera itself (which I can see through the little blue light).

Power cycling the base has done nothing either. 

This is so frustrating! It should be plug-n-play to replace batteries. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera is still not synced to the base, right? Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. If it still won't sync, open a case with support here for a possible faulty camera.

NickelodeonFan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I got it to work. 

Through a series of trial and error, I first pressed the on/off button on the base, turning it off. Then I unplugged the entire base from the power for 30-seconds.

Once I plugged it back in, all of my cameras, including this one that I was having problems with, were back online and ready to go. 

Thanks everyone!