Can't remove Arlo base station or Arlo camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arthurb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been experiencing a lot of weird issues with my Arlo system lately, so I decided to try and do a full system restore and start from scratch. As I am removing all devices from my account, for some reason, 1 camera and the base station will not remove themselves. When I go into device settings and select remove device, I get the same error message for both camera and base station. Error, "We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again."

I have been receiving this error message for the past week or so now, and still without a functioning camera system. There are 4 other cameras on this system that I was able to remove without issue. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

Is the mode "disarmed" when you try to remove them?

What happens if you remove the power from the base and the camera? Do they still show up in your account in your browser? If so can you remove them then? 

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using the Disarmed mode has no effect. I would try logging out and back in as well as try both the app and browser.

arthurb
Aspirant
Aspirant
System "mode" armed or disarmed did not make a difference. Removing power and/or batteries put the device in offline mode, but still unable to remove devices. Both devices still show up in both browser and app.
arthurb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Logging out and back in still had no effect in either browser or mobile app.
brh
Master
Master

I think I would go ahead and do the factory reset anyway and see what happens.

Or try to add the other 4 cameras back in and let's try to troubleshoot the wierd problems you have been having.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're still seeing the database error message, I would open a case with support here.