Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo go Low battery notification

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Superwa2
Tutor
Tutor
Hi there, I just got notified that my arlo go battery is low, 1%! I live 2 hours from where the camera is located and won’t make the ride for another few days. Can you add an option to select at which leve to be notified? Something like 10% would make much more sense than a last minute warning. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu the warning is in the range of 15-20%, tho the battery icon does change color at about 20% to amber ( IIRR)

It may be due to a quick sag due to cold, not sure

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've noticed the battery icon color change at 25% and I get low battery warnings at ~15% or a bit less. I agree with the temp issue but would also ask how many recordings were done recently? Is there a strong cell signal and/or have there been cell service interruptions that may have delayed the notification?

Superwa2
Tutor
Tutor
Well, it now says 16% after multiple days at 1%. My guess is that it was in the 20s before the cold snap and jumped to 1% until temps went back up yesterday. I guess I still have some time before I have to take the 2 hour drive. Is this misreporting in cold weather a known issue?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Batteries reading low in very cold temperatures is common for all battery powered devices