Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation
kmanpdx
Follower
Follower

Hi, I went to arlo.netgear.com, filled in form (it did find the SN of my system).  Now I get this and can't move forward:

There is a new version of Arlo available. Please upgrade now to access your account.

How can I upgrade w/o access?  What do I do to get this going?
Thanks,
Kenny
15 REPLIES 15
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello kmanpdx,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having troubles with your Arlo Smart Home System. I would like to know a little more information about your problem. What device are you using to setup your Arlo system?
Laptop?
Desktop?
Tablet?
Or a mobile device?
Also which browser are you currently using to register your Arlo system?

I look forward to your response. Thanks.

The Arlo Team
David S.

jdannenberg1110
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to register but the system teels me my emailaddress is not in use

jdannenberg1110
Aspirant
Aspirant

laptop and mobile phone

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

jdanneberg1110,

Welcome to the Community! Could you provide us further details on what is causing you to not be able to register your system?

I will be looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
robhewko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem, HELP PLEASE!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

robhewko,

What issue are you having? Are you getting an error message when trying to set up Arlo? Please give us some more details so that we can help.

Thank you!

JamesC

robhewko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Somehow I tried again about 9 hours later and it worked! I could not set up new registration and it said I already had an account and it would not sign into my account. Thanks.
Mozzz
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is a new version of Arlo available....

Same error message here when trying to register for the first time and setup the twin camera and base station...... 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mozz,

Are you attempting to perform the setup from the Arlo app on a mobile device? If so, try uninstalling the the Arlo app and then downloading it again from your app store. After it installs attempt to perform the setup again.

On a side note also be sure you the device you are using to go through the New System Setup is on the same network as the base station.

JamesC

Marilyn2
Initiate
Initiate

will not accept my email address or password

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marilyn2,

Can you provide some more details about the issue you are having?

How far along in the setup process are you getting before having trouble?

Are you seeing any error messages?

Have you already created an account using that e-mail address?

Please let us know!

JamesC

Riobom
Aspirant
Aspirant

After I get to                      " https://arlo.netgear.com/#/accountRegistration ",  the page gets stuck in "Registering new user..." and nothing happens...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Riobom,

What browser are you experiencing this issue on? Consider swapping to a different browser (Chrome, IE, FireFox) to see if you get the same behavior. Please let me know if you are still having this issue.

JamesC

ritat1942
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need help, I can't register my new system and also can not down load the app on my desktop computer or Kindle Fire HD.  Help!

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

ritat1942 wrote:

I need help, I can't register my new system and also can not down load the app on my desktop computer or Kindle Fire HD.  Help!

There is no app for any desktop OS, and I don't think there is an app available in the Amazon app store (though I'm not 100% certain).

There is an Android app and iOS app, and then there is web access via https://arlo.netgear.com.

Make sure you log into the above URL from the same (home) network that your Arlo base station is connected to when setting up your system. Once set up, you can access your system from any device that has Internet access, i.e. you don't have to be on your home network for access after initial setup.

Try that, that should get you set up. If not, report back.