Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't re-add wireless camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jibba62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guys, purchased the twin pack wireless cam set today. Right from the start, one camera was easy to synch and the other just did not want to. I removed that one with the intention of re-adding it and trying again, thats where the problems started. It won't let me re-add another cam. It takes me through the set-up wizard, but then I click 'finish' - it just comes up with a blank and takes me right back to the start (IE - add another device).

Unfortunately, I removed BOTH after that and now neither are showing.

Yes, reset the base station.
Yes, batteries out of cam and tried to start again...etc etc

Help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jibba62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ended up returning it and the new units are working ok. Question now is, why when there is movement detected, it is only taking a 10 second video..? How can I change that..?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't say what device your using to set up... PC is prob the easiest

Also, what are the LEDs doing on the front of the base ?

Do a factory reset on the base... ( don't know if you did that or reboot )( hold reset for 10 secs till front leds flash )

Make sure in settings the cameras are actually removed ( you may have used REMOVE DEVICE )

Bring cameras back as new doing a quick push of the base sync button, then a couple secs later the camera.

If none of this works,,,, you can take it back

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jibba62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ended up returning it and the new units are working ok. Question now is, why when there is movement detected, it is only taking a 10 second video..? How can I change that..?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Mode tab, click on your base and edit the Armed mode. Better yet, create your own custom mode using the Armed mode as an example.