Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Onyarmark
Follower
Follower

I have bought the new arlo security 3 cam kit as well as a new netgear D7000 Nighthawk router. I plug the base staion into the router, green power and internet light come on. I go to new system setup it search for about 3 min and tells me "connect system to internet" and instructions on what I have already done . I tried logging in and search for new base staion in subscriptions and get same message. Everything else with the new router works fine and have connected several devices no problems. Netgear genie for the router has detected the base station and green light for internet. I am out of solutions. Have restarted sevral times.

24 REPLIES 24
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Onyarmark,

Welcome to the community! You say you are getting a green Internet LED on the base station which tells us it is connected to the internet. It is possible a firewall setting is restricting the base station. Check your router settings and confirm the appropriate ports are not blocked.  Also consider a factory reset of the base station.  Please let me know the results!

JamesC

WilsonFlyer
Star
Star

Would you guys PLEASE stop telling people that it's a firewall problem! Get your ducks in a row and LEARN how firewalls WORK. The ONLY way to bypass a true firewall is with a PORT FORWARD. There is not nor has there ever been a port forward required in order for Arlo to work as ALL communications are return packet initiated from the Arlo Base station and are therefore pre-authorized for return. Has NOTHING to do with a firewall. Firewalls block or they don't block. If they were intermittent, they would be WORTHLESS.

Consumer firewalls do NOT control outbound port services. PERIOD. They ONLY control INBOUND and even then, the ability to configure is majorly limited.

How about doing a little learning before posting this worthless and INACCURATE information again and forcing people to waste time going off on tangents they know nothing about (which is why you all do it probably) when we all know FULL WELL that the problem is firmware and/or the server farm at Netgear.

Talk to your developers and learn how this system works, please, assuming they even know, of which I have my doubts at this point.

Patrickdep
Tutor
Tutor

i have the same problem. every led is green, the cameras are connected to the base station, but nothing appers on my ipad. I wanted to disable my account and start the whole process again, but it seems that this not possible. i tried to have some help on the phone, but the process is done so that nobody will ever speek to you. I really think that this product is a joke!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrickdep,

Welcome to the community!  I apologize that you've had some trouble getting your system up and running correctly.  If you have green led's on the base station that is a good start.  I would like to know more about what is showing up on your ipad though.  Is it giving you an error message when trying to stream the cameras or are there no cameras showing up at all?  You can restart the process by deactivating your base station and performing a factory reset and going through setup again.  After the base station is removed go to "subscriptions" and click "add a base station" at the bottom of the screen.  Please let me know more information about what you are seeing on your ipad!

Regards,

JamesC

Patrickdep
Tutor
Tutor

I tried to make a reset factory. When done, I sarted thep rocess again, adding a new base.The base was recognizde, but when I strarted to registedr, my email adrress was also recognized and I was asked to connect through my account. The ipad then shows no cameras at all, but the camera is recognize by the base. no error message too. I think the best would be to cancel my account and to recreate one or to send you back all this unusable gears, to be refund and to forget about it!

regards,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrickdep,

It sounds like you're trying to register the same e-mail account which is why you're getting a message that your e-mail was recognized. After performing the factory reset you don't need to make a new account.  Log into the account that you first created and add the base station again.  You may have to first go to "base station settings" and click "deactivate" to allow the base station to be re-added to this account.  Afterwards go to "subscriptions" and add the base station and start syncing your cameras from there.  Alternatively you could create a new account using a different e-mail address and attach the base station to that account after performing the factory reset.  If you're still having problems I encourage you to contact our support team for more assistance! Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

Patrickdep
Tutor
Tutor

No it does not work. Once I try to register the base station, after having made a factory reset, my app recognize it, when I press continue to connect the app to the base station the app shuts down abruptely, and the ipad goes back to the ipad menu, just as if I had closed the app. It is starting to get me mad! Why can't you close my account? I have no other email adress.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Patrickdep,

If you are able to log in to your account and the app detects the base station serial number but closes when you try to add it, this indicates there is an issue with the app, not your account. Please consider reinstalling the Arlo application. Also make sure your iOS is up to date.  Another way to further isolate the issue would be to try and add the base station back to the account by using the web ui from a computer. Let me know if reinstalling the app helps!

Thank you!

JamesC

brdnotyet
Initiate
Initiate

Surprise me with a useful response.

Just purchased single camera system

Can't detect base station from browser or phone.

Same wireless router connected

two green lights (yes, the power light and the internet light)

Nothing works

Browser, spins looking for device, flips back to "Set Up Your System"

Android App, fails instantly and suggests "eh, maybe you should hit the factory reset button" 

Nothing, nothing, nothing.

So, I just wasted my time and money, right? 

brdnotyet
Initiate
Initiate

Send it back NetGear basically stands for NotGear

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brdnotyet,

Welcome to the community! I apologize for the poor initial experience. Have you attempted a two-button factory reset by holding down the red reset button on the back of the base station along with the sync button until all LEDs flash amber?

Please let us know!

JamesC

FrustratedArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already tried this. Just keeps trying to connect but does not. Keeps telling me to reboot base station but this doesn't work either. It did work for a few months and I do know how to set them up, I've done it already. internet connections just keeps dropping and now does not even connect anymore.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FrustratedArlo,

What is the internet LED behavior of your Arlo base station? Are you seeing an error message indicating the base station is offline or is the LED indicating that it is offline?

JamesC

FrustratedArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keeps going offline at least 5 times a month i.e. Can't log into my cameras are change modes. I kept rebooting the base station then just ended up deactivating my base station and then set up all the cameras/ network again after doing a hard reset. 

JamesC wrote:

FrustratedArlo,

What is the internet LED behavior of your Arlo base station? Are you seeing an error message indicating the base station is offline or is the LED indicating that it is offline?

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FrustratedArlo,

Are you still experiencing issues after the hard reset?

JamesC

cowgalpoet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problems.  I DID deactivate my base station (after I had moved it and it wouldn't reconnect).  Then I did FIVE factory resets. I have followed all the suggestions here on the community and checked all my settings (though NOTHING HAS CHANGED since 5 days ago when I first set up the system). I have had NO LUCK AT ALL!!!!!!!  It worked great the first time I set it up, but now is not connceting at all.  I am about ready to take it back to Fry's and tell them it doesn't work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs doing?  Lit? Color? How did you perform the reset?  Old firmware requires both the reset as well as the Sync button while new firmware requires just the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.

burakuysaler
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same issue, tried everything. Then by going into http://arlo.com/login and setting up via Windows Internet Explorer I could manage to setup my system instantly. Then just logged in from my phone and everything is fine then. I hope that helps ...

Flint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought my base station for 85 dollars on amazon, plugged it in and get a pwr and link lite on my base and router, but when I search to discover the base I the Plug in your base and connect to the internet message, also unable to create an account. I have pwr the base and router on/off and pressed the reset button on the base. Phoned the tech support and the tell me I have services disabled (not sure where pc or router) and wanted $99.00 to resolve. I have attempted to do the setup with 2 seperate pc's with same result.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Flint,

Consider a factory reset of the base station by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and attempt New System Setup again.

JamesC

navybulldog
Initiate
Initiate

cant get my computer or phone apps to discover my base station

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the reset as suggested by the post just above yours?

navybulldog
Initiate
Initiate

Yes I tried all the reset methods available. i spent 2hrs. on the phone with Netgear technicians trying to get it to work. first i called netgear support for the R7000. we went through a lot of troubleshooting steps. then she transfereed me over to the ARLO technician and him and i went through nine miles of troubleshooting even opening port 443 and 80 but to no avail. the base station is up and running. it is recognized by my routerand its broadcasting a signal that my computer and iphones pick up but when i go to the setup page it doesnt get discovered. it takes about 3 to 5 minutes saying its being discovered and then reverts back to a screen that says conect your system to the internet. im ready to start pulling my hair out because im sure its just one electronic router adjustment away from working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If possible, take the base and a camera to a friend's house and plug it in to see if it works.  If not, return the system to the store and swap for a new one.  If it does work, you're back to trying tofigure out what's up with your network.