Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't connect by internet. VMS3230-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mkt
Follower
Follower

I have had the cameras for just over 1 month. I was able to monitor my home remotely with no issues for over a month. Now, I can't get the cameras to connect to the Internet. I keep getting a message that the system can't find my camera's. My Internet is great and working, the base has 3 green lights like always, camera's are in the same place they have been since day one (within range).

The system no longer works. I am very frustrated I spend hundreds on a system that doesn't work.

5 REPLIES 5
rockymike
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem here. I have been trying to fix it since 6pm PT. I have a VMS3230-100NAS (2 cameras connected), & VMS3130 (1 camera connected) and another  VMS3130 (1 camera connected). My problem is only with the VMS3230-100NAS.

rockymike
Guide
Guide

My last option is to do a Factory reset on the Base station. But I physically cannot climb on the ladder to synchronize the cameras with the Base station again. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Before you go through the pain of resetting the system, try a different method to check whether the system is actually not working.  Use the app or a browser, whichever you normally DON'T use.  Sometimes it's a display issue that's the problem, not the system.

Also, since all LEDs are green, are you getting recordings?  If so, the system is working.  If not, are the running men gray or black?  Gray means the camera(s) are disarmed and won't record.  You would need to check your modes and schedule to see if they're configured correctly.  It can also mean your camera batteries are dead.  If you can't climb to resync the cameras how will you be able to change batteries?

rockymike
Guide
Guide

Okay, I fixed the problem. I had to reset the Base station by pressing the small button hole on the back, and had to re synchronize the cameras again. By the way I'm disabled, and had to wait until my roommate return from work so he could press the sync button on the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had assumed you were at some sort of disadvantage so you couldn't climb a ladder and didn't mean any disrespect but it is a battery-operated camera which had me wondering why this system would have been chosen.  Hopefully, the battery life is adequate so it's not much of an issue.  Also, the need to resync the cameras really shouldn't have happened but unfortunately does on occasion. Good luck in the future!