Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not shown under mode button

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Max53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only see base station under mode button. Cameras not present so cannot schedule them. In discussions other users had this problem, but seemed to resolve it with a reboot. This did not work for me. I have tried rebooting, restarting, resyncing cameras, but only failure. Anyone know what the issue is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Max53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I talked to support and my understanding is that the cameras should not be listed under mode button, only the base station.  Cameras are only listed under Settings button.  I pointed out that the lastest documentation for the product was then incorrect.  Support person replied that they would pass this information onto the appropriate channel.  Below is partial transcript of converstation with Netgear support:

Online Comment7/12/2016 3:30 AM

The documentation you sent me is the same documentation I downloaded. Based on what was told to me that selecting the mode button you should only see the Base Station listed is in contradiction to the documentation. In several places the documentation states the following:

1. Tap the Arlo icon on your mobile device.
If you are using a computer, enter arlo.netgear.com in the address bar of a browser.
The Cameras page displays.
2. Click or tap Mode.
A list of cameras displays.
3. Click or tap the camera. The Mode page displays.

This is not happening. Documentation should read:

If you are using a computer, enter arlo.netgear.com in the address bar of a browser.
2. Click or tap Mode.
A list of base stations displays.
3. Click or tap the base station. The Mode page displays.

Please update this ASAP. 

NETGEAR Support7/12/2016 4:17 AM

Hello Gary, 

Thank you for the response and update. 

I now understand why you are confused with the settings. Thank you for bringing this up. I will forward this to the appropriate department so they can correct it as soon as possible. I appreciate you for taking time in contacting us. In case you have some questions about the settings, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you. 

Again, thank you for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day!

Kind regards, 

Graceshine
Expert ID: 46038
NETGEAR Support Expert 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on the base station and go forth.

Max53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, tried that before, as it would seem like the obvious thing to do and it still does not work now.  I've tried single tap, double tap, tap and hold. Only see base station listed. Wish it was that simple.  Not sure if it related to the fact that I just have basic service? Currently have a ticket listed with Netgear support since first 90 days is free support.  Hopefully they can provide a solution or answer to the issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not related to the free plan - that's what I have, too. Have you tried both the app and multiple browsers? If one works, its not the setup, it's the app (try reinstall) or browser (sometimes flushing the cache helps). If all else fails, you probably will end up performing a factory reset using the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Add the base back in using the Add Device button in the Cameras tab and start fresh.

Max53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried from both my iPad Air iOS version 9.3.2 and from Safari version 9.1.1 on OS X version 10.11.5.  Already tried reset once and then reboot once adding the base station and cameras back in.  Still waiting for response from Netgear support.

Max53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear support has requested that I log out of my account on my mobile device and then log back in.  How many times I have done this I couldn't count.  Their solution did not work.  Sent reply and awaiting further instructions.

Max53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I talked to support and my understanding is that the cameras should not be listed under mode button, only the base station.  Cameras are only listed under Settings button.  I pointed out that the lastest documentation for the product was then incorrect.  Support person replied that they would pass this information onto the appropriate channel.  Below is partial transcript of converstation with Netgear support:

Online Comment7/12/2016 3:30 AM

The documentation you sent me is the same documentation I downloaded. Based on what was told to me that selecting the mode button you should only see the Base Station listed is in contradiction to the documentation. In several places the documentation states the following:

2. Click or tap Mode.
A list of cameras displays.
3. Click or tap the camera. The Mode page displays.

This is not happening. Documentation should read:

2. Click or tap Mode.
A list of base stations displays.
3. Click or tap the base station. The Mode page displays.

Please update this ASAP. 

NETGEAR Support7/12/2016 4:17 AM

Hello Gary, 

Thank you for the response and update. 

I now understand why you are confused with the settings. Thank you for bringing this up. I will forward this to the appropriate department so they can correct it as soon as possible. I appreciate you for taking time in contacting us. In case you have some questions about the settings, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you. 

Again, thank you for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day!

Kind regards, 

Graceshine
Expert ID: 46038
NETGEAR Support Expert 
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yer 100% correct.  There are a number of old articles and manuals that simply need to go away or be updated to the current methods and displays.  The confusion is unnecessary and should have been handled long ago.