Can't be granted access to 2 different hubs

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
43110johua
Aspirant
Aspirant

My dad created an account with 3 cameras connected to one hub and my brother created his own account and set up another hub for his doorbell. My dad granted my account access to his hub so I can see those 3 cameras no problem, but when my brother tried to grant me access to his hub, his hub nor his doorbell is appearing on my dashboard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@43110johua wrote:

My dad’s arlo hub is several years old while my brother’s own is new, so the issue probably lies in the fact that im trying to connect 2 different generations of Arlo hubs which both have different software. The only way around this is to create another account for my brothers Arlo. 

The hardware isn't the cause.

Arlo is slowing transistion to a new user interface.  The original one shows "Library" in the app menu, the new one shows "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.  Note the app includes both interfaces, the one you see depends on back-end account settings.

The "Friend" account feature requires that all the accounts be set to use the same interface - either all showing "Library" or all showing "Feed".

It is possible to force the migration from "Library" to "Feed", but there is no way back.  There are some reasons why people might not want to do that:

1. "Feed" has no custom modes.  You can modify the three built in modes, but can not add more.
  2. The combination of geofencing+scheduling is hard to get working
  3. If you have a subscription and have cameras at two different properties, you will need one subscription per property if you want to control those cameras independently. 

Arlo likely will address the first two issues before they move everyone to feed.  But I doubt they will change the third one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
43110johua
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLUTION:

My dad’s arlo hub is several years old while my brother’s own is new, so the issue probably lies in the fact that im trying to connect 2 different generations of Arlo hubs which both have different software. The only way around this is to create another account for my brothers Arlo. - Please send me a new hub for pops 🙂

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@43110johua wrote:

My dad’s arlo hub is several years old while my brother’s own is new, so the issue probably lies in the fact that im trying to connect 2 different generations of Arlo hubs which both have different software. The only way around this is to create another account for my brothers Arlo. 

The hardware isn't the cause.

Arlo is slowing transistion to a new user interface.  The original one shows "Library" in the app menu, the new one shows "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.  Note the app includes both interfaces, the one you see depends on back-end account settings.

The "Friend" account feature requires that all the accounts be set to use the same interface - either all showing "Library" or all showing "Feed".

It is possible to force the migration from "Library" to "Feed", but there is no way back.  There are some reasons why people might not want to do that:

1. "Feed" has no custom modes.  You can modify the three built in modes, but can not add more.
  2. The combination of geofencing+scheduling is hard to get working
  3. If you have a subscription and have cameras at two different properties, you will need one subscription per property if you want to control those cameras independently. 

Arlo likely will address the first two issues before they move everyone to feed.  But I doubt they will change the third one.