Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KAWel
Initiate
Initiate
Other people have posted about this but I haven’t seen a response from Arlo, so I will mention it again.

Like many people, I recently purchased a new phone. However I am not able to add this new phone as a Trusted Device without the old phone/primary device. The Arlo app says that it doesn’t recognize my new phone and tries to send a verification code but that code goes to the OLD phone which is now in someone else’s hands. Nor can I remove the old phone from my trusted device list. Why in the world would you do this, Arlo? People get new phones all the time, and they don’t expect their old phones to remain the primary trusted device. Nor do they expect that their new phone cannot become a trusted device. I can’t add any other device because I no longer have the primary device. Totally ridiculous. Inane.
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KAWel,

Try picking a different method to get the code via email to trust the new device. After the new device is trusted, you can remove the old device.

JamesC

raimo
Tutor
Tutor

Agree with the OP that this is a frequent user need, Regarding JamesC's answer:  I cannot find a way to ask for the email for the code.  There is email to change password, but I don't see trusted device satus anywhere.

DeanPS
Initiate
Initiate

The above method to try and update a trusted device does not work.  Even if you try the above method of adding another SMS device it will not allow you to either promote that new device to the trusted device or allow you to remove the trusted device as suggested by this Community Manager.  This and other issues have made me think we have made a bad purchase with Arlo.  @Arlo please make sure you follow proper user testing of your applications before release to the general public.