Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
linxeye182
Guide
Guide

Hello,

I'm trying to pair one of my Arlo wire free cam to the base station. I click the Sync button on base station (LED blinks slowly green) I then click the Sync button on top of Arlo cam : LED blinks slowly blue.

After 15 seconds, LED continue to blink blue slowly on camera. However the base station green LED has stopped blinking.

Sync seems to fail. Attempted to reboot router and base station to no luck.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

18 REPLIES 18
beakin
Initiate
Initiate

having same trouble - used to work, wont now - also a bit pissed as an old non tech fellow that there is no Support e mail I can understand easier than trying to navigate this method - anyway, did you get any help and I wonder how I will find this again for the answer.

thks

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

beakin wrote:

having same trouble - used to work, wont now - also a bit pissed as an old non tech fellow that there is no Support e mail I can understand easier than trying to navigate this method - anyway, did you get any help and I wonder how I will find this again for the answer.

There are four ways to get in touch with Arlo support:

1. Web-chat,
  2. Web form (practically email as all subsequent communication is usually via email),
  3. Telephone and
  4. Submitting a support ticket.

#1 thru #3 you can find on http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx. You can find this page by clicking on "Support" at the top of any support forum page, then click the link "Contact Support".

#4 is on https://my.netgear.com. Register or log in, click on "My Support", then "Submit A New Online Support Ticket".

linxeye182
Guide
Guide

Ok and back to the point... any idea on how to fix my rather annoying issue ? Ever heard of it ?

Thanks ! 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

linxeye182 wrote:

Ok and back to the point... any idea on how to fix my rather annoying issue ? Ever heard of it ?

Thanks ! 🙂

It happens on occasion. Step one is to factory reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Settings and use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base back in.  Open and close the camera battery doors, nake sure you have fresh batteries (swap them between cameras if needed) and attempt to resync the cameras.  Same thing?  You may have a bad camera and should create a trouble ticket for additional support or RMA.

linxeye182
Guide
Guide

Hello,

Thanks for your help ! I did reset the base station with its LED blinking amber so I guess the reset did OK. Still the issue arised after the reset of the Base Station.

Previously cam #2 was associated to R7000 router with Beta firmware 1.06.40 with no issues. I decided to get the Base Station back to business since battery consumption on Arlo cams is far higher when going through R7000 than it was with Base Station. I downgraded R7000 to current retail firmware and deleted everything from the Arlo app. But Cam #2 was out of batteries when I did that.

Could it be that somehow Cam #2 refuses to sync because it's still synced to R7000 on some Netgear cloud ?

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the camera from Settings? I just removed one camera from my R7000, put the base back into use and synced up the camera with no issue. 

Edit: I didn't notice more battery drain using the router vs the base. Maybe there's a difference in signal strength.

linxeye182
Guide
Guide

No I didn't remove camera from settings (I guess you speak from the R7000 web interface ?). I just deleted the R7000 from the Arlo app at some point. But since I didn't perform these steps 2 of my cameras should be unable to sync, no ?

I took a spare Arlo Cam to sync with the base station and it works straight away. So my number 2 cam is like a paper holder right now.

With Base station my Arlo batteries were lasting roughly 6 months with a load of false alert (me getting into the room forgetting the cam, etc). With R7000 that average battery life dropped to 2/3 months. Both R7000 and base station are in the same room.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You remove ANY Arlo device in the Arlo app or web page.  Go to Settings and delete everything in My Devices.

Dunno what to say about battery usage - I haven't had issues.

linxeye182
Guide
Guide

Yeah I did that already. Same result. Canno't sync that specific cam. It continues to slowly blink as blue while the green LED of base station quickly stops blinking 😕

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless someone here has suggestions, contact support for more help and a possible RMA.

eharnold
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone get this to work? I don't see a resolution. I have 3 cameras that all went bad. Did it all. No happy.
linxeye182
Guide
Guide

Well, no. I didn't find a fix. I only swapped the faulty camera by a spare one I happened to have... 😕

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Forums are only informal support.  To possibly get bad hardware replaced, you must create a trouble ticket.

If the system is still new, you could also take it back to the store for another system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

eharnold,

What is indicating that all of the cameras "went bad"? What is the behavior of the LED on the camera when opening and closing the battery compartment door? Are you seeing any error messages for these cameras when logging into your Arlo account? 

It could be that the cameras have depleted batteries, have you tried a fresh set?

JamesC

eharnold
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

My definition of going bad:  Stops sending push notifications, stops detecting motion and then recording.  When trying to troubleshoot they will not longer sync to the station.  Tryed resetting the base station.  Blue flashing light but other than that a white brick.

All new batteries added.  

Tech support contacted and escelated but one email a day back and forth this will take some time to resolve.  It's the perfect time to break in. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Punt. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Factory rest using just the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. There should be two leds lit on the base and be green. If theres any issue, power cycle the base. Open and close all battery doors. Log in and use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab. Once that's done, sync the cameras using Add Device.

Just did this yesterday with no issue other than the base Internet LED not going green after the reset but a power cycle fixed that.

Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having similar issue: one camera went "offline" for whatever random reason. I tried resyncing the camera (sync base and camera), didnt work. I removed the camera from the app, and tried reconnecting the camera to base, the camera wont even show up whatsoever. Aisde from factory reset the whole thing (which is giant pain), any suggestion or reason why this could even happen? 

Yes, batteries are brand new in the camera. Yes, I have other cameras that are working (although i am having other issues which i am addressing in another thread, specifically issues related to delay of upload of videos).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.