Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Install new Arlo Wirefree Camera (VMS3230)

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Anna-2040
Aspirant
Aspirant

I follow all the instructions, but I dont know what is happening. This is the message:

"Make sure both the Power and Internet Globe icons are lit green" They are both green. i tried to reset to default and still nothing. I already have an existing router and I plug it into this one, reset all but still not luck. Can someone please assist me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anna-2040
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to work last night after spending 30 minutes with support. They had to ping/troubleshoot the device quiet a few times to get it to work. I was disapointed since it was a brand new device and had so much trouble to set it up and I don't consider myself non IT at all, so just imagine someone with no experience. Thank you all for the advise.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the app to try the setup?  If so, make sure you're on the same network (WiFi) as the base.  You can't set up on cell service.  Try a computer browser instead - sometimes it's just easier. https://arlo.netgear.com

Edgewiser
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having similar problem.  When I run the browser setup tool, it cannot find the base station.  Yet when I log into my router, it appears as a connected device.  I can also ping the base station at the listed IP address, and it replies normally, so I know it is on the same network.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The color of the LEDs is what's important. Green Internet LED means connected to the server while amber means connected only to the router and the router is blocking access to the server. If you have both the power and Internet LEDs as green, it would be worthwhile to reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Try again.
Anna-2040
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am connect to the same network. I tried both the PC and on my Iphone. I now have this new message: "Your Base Station could not be discovered." 

Confused

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you reset by holding only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber? Sometimes folks find the old two button method that no longer works.
Anna-2040
Aspirant
Aspirant

It recognize the device and I was so excited that it was going to work then..it indicated it couldn't claim the device, I needed to contact customer service, ugh!!!

What a pain to setup...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you bought a refurbished or re-boxed unit rather than new. If the previous owner didn't remove the system from their account, you can't use it - it's a security feature.

Caveman109
Aspirant
Aspirant

Install for new Arlo system stops at "Discovering your device".  Tried the reset, on/off, and checked all connections.  No luck.  Install is on my laptop using a hotspot as my internet connection.  I have no problems accessing the internet using the hotspot.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If the Internet LED isn't green, the connection to the server isn't being made for some reason. You'd have to figure that out since it's on your end.
Anna-2040
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to work last night after spending 30 minutes with support. They had to ping/troubleshoot the device quiet a few times to get it to work. I was disapointed since it was a brand new device and had so much trouble to set it up and I don't consider myself non IT at all, so just imagine someone with no experience. Thank you all for the advise.