Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Calin79
Tutor
Tutor
If I stream one camera at a time, the system works just fine. If I try to stream the rest of the cameras(4 total), the cameras stop streaming. Just a few days ago they were working just fine. My internet speed did not change, nothing changed on my end as far as settings, location or anything else. Anyone have a fix? Or know why it's doing this?
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Normal systems that meet specs will be fine, ,,, the max # of cameras streaming at one time is 4.

The limit is re the base, so if you have 2 bases, you can stream 8 cameras at the same time ( provided 4 cameras are linked to each base )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good evening Calin79,

I am interested to hear more about this issue. I am able to stream four of my cameras without any issues. Is there any specific error message? What happens to let you know the camera has stopped streaming? Does the camera image show the play icon again?

Any additional information such as browser and version or device type will also assist me in attempting to replicate this issue.

I look forward to your update.

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Calin79
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Christine, I log on to Arlo on an Iphone 6 Plus, and a MacBook with the latest software installed. When I go to the cameras tab in the app and click the play icon, on any specific camera, the camera is streaming perfectly with no interruptions. However, when I click the play icon on multiple cameras, the cameras take long to load (at least 30 to 60 seconds) before they start streaming. Within just a few seconds, a loading wheel appears in the center of each screen. The loading wheel appears for about 5 seconds than it disappears for about a second and then the loading wheels appear again. I purchased an Arlo 4-pack system about 3 weeks and I had no such issues until last week. bsp; 

Jth
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  4 cameras stream but the 5th won't.  the screen and material says I can still add more cameras.  why would I do that if I can't see them at once?  Are they all  recording motion even though I can't see the streaming picture?

coastalcarolina
Star
Star

Jth wrote:

I have the same problem.  4 cameras stream but the 5th won't.  the screen and material says I can still add more cameras.  why would I do that if I can't see them at once?  Are they all  recording motion even though I can't see the streaming picture?

You can only stream 4 cameras at the same time.

previous Vuezone user, loving the Arlo.
5 Arlo cameras, 2 Foscam FI9826s
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jth, your lack of streaming more than 4 cameras at a time is not related to Calin79's problem...

You can only stream 4 cameras at a time as this is the limit of the base... Yes, you can add more cameras but to stream more than 4 you need to add a second or third base.  Each base will allow 4 cameras.

Morse is faster than texting!