Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I wirelessly set up my Arlo Wire-Free system without a router connection?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
sjones
Follower
Follower

Hello Support Team,

I am working in a shared workspace that provides a wireless signal but does not have a router in the area. Is there a way to set up the Arlo without directly plugging the ethernet cord to the router? If not, should I purchase a router specific for the cameras in addition to the one provided? 

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

-Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The arlo BASE, has to be plugged into a ethernet port, whether it's your router or wireless extender. Any router or extender would do if it has ethernet ports available.

the Arlo Q camera's connect directly to WiFi I believe.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The arlo BASE, has to be plugged into a ethernet port, whether it's your router or wireless extender. Any router or extender would do if it has ethernet ports available.

the Arlo Q camera's connect directly to WiFi I believe.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Do you have network ports (network connections) available in the facility? If you do, you could plug arlo's base into that network connection. When you say "shared workspace", do you mean at work? Arlo may not work thru a company network depending on firewalls, other network routers, etc.  I'm not sure what you mean by "shared workspace" so if that's not at your office, etc than that may not be applicable to you.