Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I turn off cameras ? I am at 3 days and have 35% battery power.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tredlite
Follower
Follower

when the cameras are off through web interface, does battery power consumption cease ? I really dont want to have to take the batteries out all the time. I have been using them 3 days for only a few hours at a time and have 35% battery life. How do I set to motion detection only or is that a default feature ?

Hope these rechargables worlk well because these will be way too expensive to be practical including the monthly subscription ect.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, Yes... they are MOTION-DETECT-RECORD type of cameras. Not really intended for hours of viewing. that may account for the low battery at this time.

If the detection or ARMED mode is off, the camera uses almost no power ( it goes to sleep and pings the base now and then ).

Live viewing and recording use the same amount of power... And, spec use to obtain listed battery life is 5 mins per day or less on optimized video quality.... in spec usage, you should see at least a couple months, if not more.

The default two modes you have are ARMED ( all on motion detection ) and DISARMED ( off in sleep mode )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------