Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras won't work when I don't have cell service

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kdelisa
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have 5 of the regular Arlo wireless HD cameras and the included base station for 4 months with no problems. However, we recently went out of town for the weekend. I made sure all 5 cameras were on before we left. We had a friend feed our pets while we were gone. Not one of the cameras recorded anything. We did not have cell service where we were vacationing. Although we did not have LTE or wifi on our iOS devices, the cameras should have recorded the movement from our friend. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fixable?
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Cell service or no cell service doesn't make a difference if the system is armed properly...

All I can suggest is that the setting was off or schedule off,   don't know.  I've used may original Arlo base with 8 cameras on 3g, LTE, and via cell satellite on a cruise....  seen work with a connection or not.

Were the cameras still armed when you arrived home ?   Maybe pwer/internet failure, modem dropped out??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Kdelisa
Aspirant
Aspirant
It was armed properly. And they were armed when we got home. It's strange. Hopefully, it won't happen again