Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras won;t work or sync

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
az57chevy
Tutor
Tutor

Ever since the camera update came out my five Arlos have failed.  They were showing a green screen with getting status indefinitely.  I removed two from the base and added them back on.  They fail to sync or sync for only a few seconds.  My app says to update the software for the cameras but they never seem to get updated.  I have no other internet connectivity problems with other devices.

I have reset the base.  Turned on and off.  Umplugged the Ethernet cord.  Unplugged the power cord, all to no avail.  Push the syn button quickly.  Hold the sync button donw long.

The Arlos had fresh batteries but I still replaced them.  Took them out and put them back in.  Plugged one into the base with a mini USB cord.  Pressed the sync button quickly.  Pressed the syn button long.  The two cameras arew within a foor of the base station.  batteries show 3.+ volts  (usually 3.02 to 3.04)

Wait for the overnight push of teh software update.

The techs dont seem to offer anything new.

Should I try the hokey pokey?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
az57chevy
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently the issue was my base needing a new firmware update.

The tech's saw that the firmware was now installed and a simple reset got the cameras to snyc and stay sync'ed.

I then had to update the cameras' software one at atime and all is well

So far for two days teh cameras are functioning like they used to.

It took two weeks for this to be reolved but glad I didn;t have to do the hokey pokey anymore

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try again. Reset the base using only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and verify that the power and Internet LEDs are the only ones lit and theyre green. Go to Settings, My Devices and remove everything. Now use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Does it work now?

Edit: Oh, yeah, make sure the camera batteries are fresh.

az57chevy
Tutor
Tutor

batteries show 3 or 3.01 Volts

Did as suggested.  On the third sync attempt it sync'd and quickly I went to settings to look at software version.  It went off line 😞  It now show sthat it is off line still

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

az57chevy,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

az57chevy
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently the issue was my base needing a new firmware update.

The tech's saw that the firmware was now installed and a simple reset got the cameras to snyc and stay sync'ed.

I then had to update the cameras' software one at atime and all is well

So far for two days teh cameras are functioning like they used to.

It took two weeks for this to be reolved but glad I didn;t have to do the hokey pokey anymore

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

az57chevy wrote:

But that's what it's all about!  🙂