Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras will not sync and I've done everything right. (I think)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
chaser85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got the Arlo home system for my mom and successfully set it up on Christmas. Opened the app today and saw that each of the cameras were doubled on my home screeen. I deleted one of the extra video feeds, thinking I could just delete one of them and keep the others. NOPE. Deleting one instance deleted that entire camera from the system. 

So I tried to sync that camera with the system but failed. Did the factory reset and followed all the instructions 3 times now and keep getting the same result. 

This is what happens every time. 

1. Factory reset gives me two solid green LEDs

2. I click add device and follow the instructions

3. I first click the sync button on the tower until it flashes green, then do the same on the camera. (note: both lights blink when I merely click the button, so holding the button for the 2 sugested seconds seems pointless.  I've tried both holding and clicking, to no avail. 

4. The cameras will flash blue at the normal speed for about 10 seconds, and then blink quickly for about the same.

5. After the quick flashing is finished, A click can be heard coming from the camera.

The quick flashing blue (on the camera) is supposed to mean the camera sync was successful, right? Yet, I do not see the cameras I've added inside my app.  W.T.F!!!!! 

I've tried using my computer and my phone to add new cameras. No change. 

Pretty frustrated with these things! Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The camera sync button seems to respond best when it is briefly pressed. Not sure why holding it down causes it to sometimes have problems

chaser85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Steve! I did try that already though... The effect is the same if I hold it or press it; doesn't seem to matter. 

The problem I'm getting is that I see the fast green flashing as if it was successful, yet I do not see the camera feeds in my system. 

duqu
Guide
Guide
make sure your firmware is up to date. just a thought. good luck!