Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras randomly go offiline and require a physical reset

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
dwr65
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Team

i have the same issue. My system was stable for over a year and now my cameras randomly go offiline and require a physical reset ( remove batteries) to get to reconnect. What changed ? This appears to be a big issue from all the post about it on your forum. It statred w/1 cam now happening to 2 of them, after a few days they go offline again. Batteries are good and no signal issues.image1 (5).png

4 REPLIES 4
dwr65
Tutor
Tutor

Also, I had a spare brand new camera that i swaped out when the 1st one started having issues and went off line a few times. The brand new camera does the same thing.

Bill7337
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue.  Reset with fresh batteries and within minutes it is off line.  I have 4 cameras and 2 are off line.  Very discouraging.

hirokotanaka
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same problem. I posted my issue without knowing yours. I hope somebody can help us. I need this system as soon as possible to monitor my dogs, dog walker and clean ladies. We have lots of traffic wihtout our presence.

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I have just posted a very similar problem and did not see this thread first. My system has been running 18 months before all this started which I have put down to the latest firmware updates.

What annoys me is that when the cameras are in the offline mode, they "eat" the batteries until you can reset them by removing the batteries. In one case I lost 50% of power whilst at work 😞

Everyone should raise a ticket with Netgear support so they quickly realise how widespread this problems is.