Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
NAS2001
Initiate
Initiate

Hi. I'm having constant problems with my cameras going offline. I have an original base station, 3 Arlo wireless cameras, and 1 Arlo Pro Camera. I have rebooted the base station, resynced the cameras multiple times, and made sure they all have fresh batteries. I happens randomly - they will go offline for a few days and then come back on. All cameras are well within 100 ft. I've owned the system for a couple of years now and have never had any problems until the last couple of months. Please help!!

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible the router is going offline now and then to knock off the  base unit....

When my last router got old it was dropping out now and then fo no reason ( esp since you system has been working in the past well )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
NAS2001
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks. I guess that's possible. I'm using an Airport Extreme that is a few years old, though it is the latest model.

Any other possibilities?

Viper1308
Aspirant
Aspirant
My dad's Arlo Base has 14 regular Arlo Cameras, an Arlow Q running at 1080p another separate HD security camera system with DVR, and 4 other network devices.
He had a Netgear Nighthawk R6400. I don't mean to beat up on Netgear but their software interfaces for routers and Arlo has some issues. Good hardware though. Once I switched him to a different wireless router that could better handle and manage that many devices, most of his connectivity with everything wireless, not just the Arlow , seemed to correct itself. I don't know if we are allowed to recommend non Netgear products. This is my first time posting here.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Feel free to recommend any product that works.... Also comment when something doesn't work in an intelligent fashion.

What usu doesn't fly is bashing Netgear for a non reason or being rude to other Posters

As to your post... Arlo is a wifi system in it self but a good router can make a difference along with your data thruput

Morse is faster than texting!
Viper1308
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for that Tom, I would only share information to help fellow Arlo users out in being successful with their systems.
Since my Dad's set up has 14 total Arlo Cameras on one Base station and each station can have a Max of 15 cameras paired, Netgear knows that the limit of 5 cameras viewable live at once is probably the limit of each Base station to handle that much bandwidth.
We still have 4 of the total 14 that show offline 24/7. We have already removed and resynchronized those 4 to the base, batteries were tested and are full, the only other thing I think to try is to add another Base station and assign 7 to each Base. What you think?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's certainly a possibility but first you may want to try a reset on the base by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  A PITA but it frequently clears up weird issues that don't seem solvable.  And cheaper, too.

Viper1308
Aspirant
Aspirant
We already completely hard reset the base station, removed all devices and started from scratch, even tried swapping my Base station for his, nothing changed, still 4 cameras always show offline.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Viper1308,

Is it the same 4 cameras always showing offline?

JamesC

Viper1308
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm pretty sure they are, they worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago. Like I said we already removed them from the base and resynchronized them, but when you go to your devices the message says your device is offline, these aren't the furthest from the base either.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Viper1308,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link

JamesC