Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not working saying "not connected to internet"

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Slmcdermott
Aspirant
Aspirant

OUR CAMERAS STOPPED WORKING ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO. IT'S NOT THE INTERNET BUT THE CAMERAS ARE SAYING THEY'RE NOT HOOKED TO THE INTERNET.   

I FOLLOWED THE RED ! EXCLAMATION POINT ON MY PHONE AND  IT TOOK ME TO 'CALL FRIEND/CALL 911', LEARN MORE AND PLANS WERE OUTLINED.    ALL I COULD FIGURED IS I HAD TO PURCHASE A PLAN.  I DID JUST THAT,  BUT THEY STILL AREN'T WORKING!!   

I READ ON HERE THAT ARLO AND NETGEAR ARE SEPARATE NOW ???  DOES THAT MEAN I NEED TO PURCHASE A PLAN WITH NETGEAR ALSO?  I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THESE CAMERAS OR ARLO!!!  READY TO GIVE UP AND PURCHASE A DIFFERENT SYSTEM!!!     HELP! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Slmcdermott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, they are back up and working!  We had to purchase a plan then resync the cameras with the base station.   

Thanks for all your help!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Slmcdermott 

The red exclamation point will take you to the siren or e911 and has nothing to do with connectivity. We need a lot more information from you in order to help you.

What are the colors of the three LEDs on your base station from left to right?

What exactly do you mean by not working?

On the Devices page in the app or on the web client can you see the cameras, and if so are you able to turn them on and off in the settings?

What smart phone are you using?

Etc.

Brian

Slmcdermott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian

Lights: I don't have the base station in front of me at this time, sorry.

Not working: cameras are not taking videos, cameras are offline. I'm not able to turn the cameras on/off, there's not connectivity. I check on the cameras w/my Iphone and computer. 

When i open the app this this the message i've been getting  ->

"This arlo device is offline. Please make sure it is connected to the internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help." 

We've reset the base station/synced the cameras many times and our internet is working fine.  

We have 3 of the older Arlo cameras for about 5 years;  battery operated, wireless & weatherproof (all batteries are new) and 2 newer Arlo Pros.  All worked fine up until a month or so ago.  

brh
Master
Master

@Slmcdermott 

If all the cameras are offline, then there is a possibility that the base station is defective. Do you have one base station or more? Knowing the status on the base station is very important as a trouble shooting starting point. here is an article to show you the meaning of the lights:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-mean

The lights will tell you if the base has power, stuck on an upgrade, router connectivity, internet connectivity and if the cameras are actually synced or not. 

Check the status of the lights on the base and let me know what is happening.

Brian

Slmcdermott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Helpful article, thank you.

We only have 1 base station....i didn't know you could have more than one! (?) 

I'll follow up on this as soon as possible. Thanks for the feedback! 

brh
Master
Master

@Slmcdermott 

I have three base stations on one account. 1 original base and two Pro bases. This gives me full signal strength to all my cameras, but since the base stations must connect physically to a router or extender through an ethernet cable, you might need to purchase some wifi extenders or other devices.

If the base turns out to be defective, I would purchase a Pro base as the prices have come down lately and discard the original base.

Brian

Slmcdermott
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, they are back up and working!  We had to purchase a plan then resync the cameras with the base station.   

Thanks for all your help!