Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not updating image

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having problems with cameras updating via Base Station.  Happening for several weeks now.

All cameras (8 total - 4 inside, 4 outside) are HW version H7 & Firmware version 1.2.11810

Base Station HW version VMB3010r2 & firmware version 1.9.0.0_14639

Signal strength varies from 1 bar to 3 bars, inside cameras or outside - no difference.

Selecting "Live" does nothing.  After a delay, eventually message "Request Timed Out" appears and camera returns to last captured image.

I have remotely restarted the Base Station with cameras still "On" and remotely restarted with cameras "Off." 

Makes no difference, cameras still will not update and show a live picture.  They don't even update the picture but return to previous one.

Same thing happens whether accessing from Desktop & Laptop.

Not at location until Friday, 27/OCT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens when you use the app?  If it works then the issue is likely the recent browser updates disabling Flash.  Use the browser menu to enable Flash for at least arlo.netgear.com.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CKWatson,

The firmware you mention for the cameras and base station is current.

Once you are on site and able to troubleshoot, try manually rebooting the base station and cameras (open and close the battery compartment door) and try again to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

CZ01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. One Base Station, three cameras. Base Station HW Version VMB3010r2 Firmware 1.9.0.0_14639, Cameras HW Version H7 Firmware 1.2.11810. I have reset the basestation, reset the cameras, forgot and readded the cameras. Tried one four different browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer. When I click live it says please wait and then eventually just goes back to the picture.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens when you use the app?  If it works then the issue is likely the recent browser updates disabling Flash.  Use the browser menu to enable Flash for at least arlo.netgear.com.

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guru,

Activating Flash worked!  But I could not find a place to add netgear.com to a list.  It seems to be all or nothing except for the checkbox to "eliminate dangerous sites."

Thanks to the other poster and to Guru for the solution.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How to activate Flash as well as whether it's a global setting varies from browser to browser.  In Chrome I was able to specify arlo.netgear.com to be able to run Flash without having to say that all sites can run it.

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guru,

Unfortunately Mozilla Firefox does not allow that - It's all or nothing except for "dangerous or intrusive sites."

Thanks again.

Chris