Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not recording but ARE detecting motion. Tried resetting everything.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sailandfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are not recording video but the are detecting motion.  I have reset everything.  This is a new issue for me.  These cameras have worked flawlessly for years.  The problem occurred after changing my router for my internet.  I see the the cameras on the app or web.  I can see "live" but when motion is detected, nothing is recorded. Therefore the system is useless.   

I am using the original Arlo cameras.  Fresh batteries.   Reset and resynched all!  I do not have a subscription to a cloud or other storage.  Videos have always been in the app until I delete. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sailandfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have finally resolved my issue.  I needed to reset the settings on each camera one more time...somehow in all my troulbeshooting each cameras settings were changed.  I wish I could be more specific in how I did it but I wasn't able to go back just now and find what i changed.  My goal is to record motion on a schedule and that is what is working now.  Hope you get your issue resolved as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording?

@sailandfly wrote:

I am using the original Arlo cameras.  Videos have always been in the app until I delete. 

FYI, your cameras have 7 day free cloud recording.  Videos older than that are automatically deleted.

Jsmays
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue.  I've been doing all of the same things-resyncing cameras, reloading base station, turning camera off/on, etc. to no avail.  My camera detects motion but does not record.  I'm hoping someone in the Arlo community can give some advice.

Jsmays
Aspirant
Aspirant
sailandfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not home today to do any other testing.  I will report back in 2 days.

I have never used the cloud or made live recordings.  I have always just recorded any motion between 10pm and 7am....tracking 4 kids!

But at least my kids think the cameras are working fine.  SSHHH!

sailandfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have never made a manual recording.  Not sure what that is.  I have looked at Live remotely to check on things when I am not around.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sailandfly wrote:

I have never made a manual recording.  Not sure what that is.  I have looked at Live remotely to check on things when I am not around.

When you look at Live, there is a control to make a recording of what you are seeing.

sailandfly
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have finally resolved my issue.  I needed to reset the settings on each camera one more time...somehow in all my troulbeshooting each cameras settings were changed.  I wish I could be more specific in how I did it but I wasn't able to go back just now and find what i changed.  My goal is to record motion on a schedule and that is what is working now.  Hope you get your issue resolved as well.