Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 20 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
gregjameson6
Tutor
Tutor

Our cameras have operated and worked great ever since installation (installed in Januaray of 2016).  About two weeks ago, I stopped getting notifications and the recordings stopped being saved to the library.  I have no videos in my library for any of the cameras for the last couple of weeks.

I have reset my router.

I have reset the Netgear base station.

I have taken the wire from the base station and plugged into a different port on the router.

When I click on the live view of each camera, it shows a live view and when it last detected motion (i.e. "2 days ago").  Still no recordings.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gregjameson6
Tutor
Tutor

I was finally able to get this resolved on my own.  My internet speed at home seemed to be the problem.  I did the test as suggested by Arlo and it showed that my speed was sufficient for the updates.  However, nothing seemed to get it to work. I brought the system to where I work and hooked directly into an internet connection and left it overnight.  The next morning I re-synced (if that is such a word) each camera one by one and it now works.  I took it back home and it has worked perfectly ever since. 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gregjameson6,

Are the cameras Armed? When logging in to your Arlo account, check the motion detection icon (running man), a black icon indicates motion detection is enabled (gray means disabled).

Do you use a custom mode? If so, you may want to check the rules within the custom mode to be sure the appropriate rules are set for motion detection.

JamesC

maslen5
Star
Star

Everybody is having this issue, been going for a few days now, im still going though it now, lodged a tech support, they tried to tell me its a upspeed problem, i had that check all ok, dont know where to go from here!
gregjameson6
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC

Yes, the cameras are all in custom mode and all set to record on any motion detected.  I went back through all the cameras individually just to make sure and all the rules are still the same as they were before.

@maslen5

I suppose good to know i am not the only one 🙂  Please let me know if you find a resolution.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gregjameson6,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

CBN
Tutor
Tutor

Same here, I am getting notifications on my phone when motion is detected but no recorded any activity since 11/11/2016 at 3:36pm EST. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CBN,

What mode are you cameras set to? If it is a custom mode, try testing using the default Armed mode to see if it results in recordings in your library. If so, this could mean there is an issue with the rules in your custom mode.

JamesC

CBN
Tutor
Tutor

You are correct... early this week I added SmartThings, I just removed it and now recording is back... do you know why it broke the recording?  Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CBN,

Consider enabling SmartThings again. Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

CBN
Tutor
Tutor

I did and everything works well. Thank you for your support.

Reudgen
Initiate
Initiate
I am also having this problem. Looking at old posts Australia and New Zealand had the problem in September 2015 and Net Gear was able to provide a fix
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reudgen,

Are the cameras Armed? When logging in to your Arlo account, check the motion detection icon (running man), a black icon indicates motion detection is enabled (gray means disabled).

Do you use a custom mode? If so, you may want to check the rules within the custom mode to be sure the appropriate rules are set for motion detection.

JamesC

castle_ridge
Initiate
Initiate

I have not changed any custom settings on my four cameras.  For whatever reason, three of them are not recording and saving to the library.  I have not added any new software, apps or programs and a netgear tech helped me set up the schedule initially.  Any idea why this has stopped working?  Motion sensor lights will flash but no recordings are saving from three of the cameras.  One camera is on all the time and it is sending push alerts and recording however when looking at the camera live the little man is gray not green?  Makes no sense to me as if it is is triggered by motion, and recording then it is obviously armed?   Any idea why this is happening?  I held on the phone for tech support for 30 minutes and then the music stopped, no answer no help.  Thanks for any ideas.

Reudgen
Initiate
Initiate
Yes all 10 cameras were armed. I shut off the hub and restarted it and that's did not work. I removed the hub in plugged it and then turned it back on and added it back to my account. I also added all of the cameras back. None of this has helped. I even tried setting up a custom mode and it also did not work. I am having issues with people stealing my mail and need these cameras to work. Is there a fix that netgear can perform on their side since nothing fixes it on my end?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

castle_ridge, Reudgen

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

jetftrplt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem.  Also, I noticed the cameras were slow to load up.  I logged out and then logged back it and it fixed the problem.

John

GeorgK
Guide
Guide

Do only armed cameras record to the library? I like to record but don`t like to receive the messages about movements.

Thanks

Georg

manfredz
Hero
Hero

the camera needs to be armed to record but you can turn off notifications in the mode you are using by going to the cam under the mode

monkeynorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear all, just wanna share my experience in resolving this issue. I contacted the very helpful Support Team (live chat) and the agent patiently walked me through the steps of troubleshooting. He detected that my firmware needed to be updated (mine was a VERY old version). After unplugging my router and base station and replugging them (after 2 minutes), I saw a Firmware update after relogging into my Arlo mobile app. After the firmware update, my Arlo now works and records well. Finally!!
gregjameson6
Tutor
Tutor

I was finally able to get this resolved on my own.  My internet speed at home seemed to be the problem.  I did the test as suggested by Arlo and it showed that my speed was sufficient for the updates.  However, nothing seemed to get it to work. I brought the system to where I work and hooked directly into an internet connection and left it overnight.  The next morning I re-synced (if that is such a word) each camera one by one and it now works.  I took it back home and it has worked perfectly ever since. 

Roxey
Aspirant
Aspirant
My 2 cameras stopped recording and saving to library. How do I fix this?
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Any chance you accidentally switched to disarmed mode?

Tarung
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having issues in arlo recording all movements. It records some movements but not all the time.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

ttarung you gave very little info to go on (in fact none at all).

have you read the other posts in this thread?  lots there to why movement is not recording and what can be done to improve this.

some things: increase sensitivity, increase recording length, make sure movement is across cam and not into it and make sure movement isn't too far away.

read through, experiment and if still dissatisfied, post again with more specifics and we'll see what can be done to help you