Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras keep unsyncing

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
koda1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am restarting a system at my vacation home that has worked fine for 3 years. Everything boots up fine but the cameras unsyc after a few minutes and the camera light on the base goes out. I can restart the base and the same thing happens. Batteries are brand new and have tried two sets

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it happens to all cameras, my suspicion is that the base has an issue. You can try resetting the the whole system and start fresh but you may be at the point of buying a new base. Be sure to have a return privilege in case that's somehow not the problem.

koda1965
Aspirant
Aspirant
I actually just set up a new base and the cameras all synced. 5 minutes later same issue. All cameras are offline and the camera light on the base is out
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The other major thing I can think of is 2.4GHz interference. Since all cameras are doing this, it would likely be near the base. You can try moving the base away from the router or plug it into a WiFi or powerline extender. Also check for other devices near the base that use 2.4GHz.

What happens if the cameras are close to the base?

koda1965
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will try moving the base although it's in the same position as it has for 3 years. Would an Amazon TV affect it. That's the only other device but again it's been there for 3 yrs
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you changed the network settings on the TV? You're sure that's the only 2.4GHz device?  It doesn't have to be WiFi-related.

koda1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat

Unplugged the Fire TV and all is good. Not sure why it's worked fine for 3 years. Will try to reconnect it next week when I get I go down and see if it has the same issue