Cameras keep going offline

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
eaparicio94
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know whom I can contact regarding two cameras I just purchased in October (Pro 4 and Essential), neither work. I keep calling support, I have an open case, and 3 weeks later, no one has been able to help me,

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you give more details on what is wrong?

• Were you unable to onboard the cameras?
  • Are they showing off-line status?
  • Something else?
eaparicio94
Aspirant
Aspirant

The essential camera has been going offline since day one. I have to do a factory reset at least once a week. It’s not my WiFi nor the location.

My Pro 4 camera was working fine up until 2 weeks ago. It started going offline. I did two factory resets. It went offline again, so I thought it may be the battery percentage (it was at 24%). I took it down to charge and realized that it won’t charge. It charged fine when I first took it out of the box. I tried different charging stations. I don’t have another battery similar. Also, my Pro 4 insert (the part that holds the battery) slides off. It does not stay inside. I had to use a piece of tape to hold it inside.

I had purchased 3 Arlo Ultra cameras from Costco 4 years ago and had no problems with it the first 4 years. I purchase these two from Arlo directly, and they’ve given me nothing but problems. I live alone and I need my cameras. I first contacted Arlo support on 11/3/22 and til this day, the issue has not been solved. Now I’m past my 30 days to get reimbursement.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@eaparicio94 wrote:

I first contacted Arlo support on 11/3/22 and til this day, the issue has not been solved. Now I’m past my 30 days to get reimbursement.

The warranty is generally 12 months, so an RMA might be one path. I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can follow up. If you can post your support case number, that would make it easier for them.

eaparicio94
Aspirant
Aspirant

E031FA77-CD45-4100-BA19-DDDB04162103.jpeg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43255364

Aballen
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you can get rid of them now do it. I’ve had mine for 2 years now and they’ve been nothing but problems from day one. The only help that Arlo reps provide is to tell you to unplug, take the battery out and try to reset everything. That’s a good idea and works ok the first time or two, until you realize that every time your cameras go offline, you have to take them down from whatever height/locations you have then mounted in order to try the whole resetting protocol over again. And considering they go out quite often, and don’t always come back on, good luck trying to keep your cameras up and running.  
Sucky part is when something happens that you do want to review, you get to scroll back through your footage only to discover your cameras were offline that day, and there’s no footage of any events. 
Hey, they may not function but at least you have the deterrent of visible cameras posted to hope that help keeps crime at bay. 

Worst purchase EVER!