Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras going offline after updating app

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Aaront2
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the last week I updated the app. Have 4 cameras. Since then cameras constantly go offline. Batteries die in one day on all 4 cameras. Have tried restarting base station, opened camera doors and put new batteries, deleted cameras and re-synced them restarting router. Nothing works. Was working great up until recently. Anyone have any other ideas? Or having same issues?

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What firmwares are your base station and cameras?

Aaront2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station - 1.8.1.1-10234
Cameras all - 1.2.9901

JsonJson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, there was some kind of update and 4 of my cameras wen "offline".   I took the batteries out and 3 of them came back to life, one still hasn;t come back online.  All of them when from full battery to empty.  One I had changed one day before.

Base 1.8.1_10234

Cameras 1.2.9901

steve_t
Master Master
Master

OK. Same firmwares as I'm on so I guess that's not the problem. Hit up support

Aaront2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok so it's not just mine. I replaced all batteries today at 1:30. 5 hours later 2 show 0% and that's on cameras that are not scheduled "on". I have 1 camera that's on all day and it keeps going offline. I've had this setup for over a year and no problems till now.

JsonJson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm chatting with support.....  I'm going to replace the batteries in one and see what happens.

Aaront2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me know what happens. I've replaced batteries 5-6 times with no change. Maybe it'll work for you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aaront2,

What is the signal strength for the affected cameras? Poor signal strength or wireless interference can cause the cameras to drop offline, draining more battery than expected. Has anything with your network changed recently (introduction of any wireless devices located nearby/between the cameras and the base station)? Consider relocating your base station limiting (if possible) the nearby proximity of any devices that could be causing wireless interference. If you're still experiencing excessive battery drain, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue.

JamesC

Aaront2
Aspirant
Aspirant
The signal strength is almost full. Nothing has changed and cameras have always been located in same spot for over a year. I've done everything from restarting base station and deleting all cameras. I even have one camera sitting right beside base station. Was working good up until last week that's why don't think it's anything on my end
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aaront2,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC