Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
folmsbeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the six camera kit including two Arlo Q's.  My system works fine when I am logged into my wireless internet router at home.  However when I travel out of town and log on to the Internet at a hotel or a friends home with my IPad, Arlo reports all six cameras are offline.  What is happening here? Any suggestions? 

Driving around town, my cell will record the two Arlo Q's online but the four Arli wireless offline. All of this defeats the reason I purchased the system. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a reinstall of the app as well as a restart of the base.  Use the power switch or the Restart button in Settings, My Devices, your base.

folmsbeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I did reload the app but having no effect.  When I try to restart the base the restart button in settings is not active.  I will fool around with this when I am back but not very promising.  I liked Arlo but it has to work when I travel and not just when I am home. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The lack of ability to restart the base remotely indicates use of the power switch is the only answer.  Can you get someone to do that for you?  This isn't proper operation so if it continues, your recourse is to use the Support link above to get additional help or a possible RMA.