Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
LouSpez
Tutor
Tutor
Every night my cameras are automatically disabled (not unarmed) and all the settings (ie sensitivity etc) are reset to the defaults. It seems to happen every night and the camera battery’s are drained because of this issue. I’ve been using the same cameras and system for almost 3 years with great success! Firmware is up to date.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like the base is turning off for some reason (the cameras wear down the batteries trying to connect to the base which is off). It's not on some sort of timer, is it?

LouSpez
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for quick reply! It is not on a time however on a surge protector
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try plugging it directly into the wall.

LouSpez
Tutor
Tutor
Unfortunately I tried all of the following:

1: Deleted cameras and reconnected - same issue
2: moved base station away from other electronic components - same issue
3: connected base station to wall outlet and not surge protector - same issue
4: put cameras on 24/7 recording and again same issue

For some reason overnight the cameras are being disabled and I must reenable them every morning.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't hink of a reason for this to happen. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for more help.

LouSpez
Tutor
Tutor

For those following along and maybe having the same issue. While trying to figure this out, i realized the issue only happened overnight. I looked at the modes and noticed the system was in the "disarmed" mode although the schedule mode was selected. I did the folllowing and it appears the issue was corrected:

• Placed the system in the disarmed mode
  • Deleted and re-entered all schedules
  • Re-enabled the schedule mode

The system mode changed to a clock (instead of "arm" or "disarm") and the cameras remained active throughout the night. I will obviously monitor over the next couple of days however there appeared to be a glitch in the schedule mode that disabled the cameras nightly. 

Hope this helps others..............................