Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras detect motion but no recordings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tiburon4me
Initiate
Initiate

I have been using my cameras for over a month and they have been working great.  I am hoping this is just a quick fix, but I have a neighbor that is trying to hack into many of my systems and want to make sure she didn't hack my cameras somehow.  My cameras were recording up until 9:43am EST.  They have been detecting motion and the system shows the guy in orange, but the library has no recordings.  I have tried to reboot the Base Station and no luck.  My phone when I go to the app for a live recording says the cameras are offline, but I keep getting the notice of motion.

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you checked your recording rules within your recording mode? Are you using Armed or a custom recording mode? Do you use Smartthings integration?

Make sure each rule is telling a camera to record and not "Do nothing"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a computer browser, too.

Tiburon4me
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Steve_t,

I did check all my settings and I am using Armed mode.  After a few hours the system started to bring up video from earlier.  Maybe a server or something was down, but they were delayed between 3-4 hours of hitting the Library of video.  I got a little nervous thinking the cameras were hacked or something because my neighbor has been watching the cameras trying to figure out when they turn on. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh yup. It probably coincided with the hours the other day when the Arlo servers were down. Glad it's all working for you now 🙂