Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras can’t be enabled.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
neoflyer1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today none of my cameras is on.  In the screen for each camera the message says it is disabled and I will need to enable it in device settings.  I belief this is accessed by the gear symbol at the bottom right corner of the camera screen.  When I click on the gear button all I get is a “This device is offline”, “Device Info” and “Remove Device” options.  No button to turn it on nor battery status indication.  I have not checked the batteries but they should be good as they are recent.  What should I do?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat are the base LEDs showing? There should be 3 green ones. If not, try rebooting the base. It may be useful to force stop the app and open it again.

neoflyer1
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

WHat are the base LEDs showing? There should be 3 green ones. If not, try rebooting the base. It may be useful to force stop the app and open it again.

It has the first two led’s from left to right green.  The first one is power but I don’t know what the other symbols means.  I have rebooted the base station and router.  Will check batteries of one camera next.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The left LED is power, the next one is Internet and the 3rd one is camera connection. Since the Camera one isn't lit, it could be that no cameras are connected (battery?) or that somehow the base has been removed from the system (what shows in Settings, My Devices)? 

neoflyer1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have batteries on order.  They don’t seem to last very long.  This system is getting expensive.

@jguerdat wrote:

The left LED is power, the next one is Internet and the 3rd one is camera connection. Since the Camera one isn't lit, it could be that no cameras are connected (battery?) or that somehow the base has been removed from the system (what shows in Settings, My Devices)? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Consider the approved Tenergy rechargeable battery sets. While there's a large up-front cost, the savings overall would be significant.

neoflyer1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like it was dead betteries.

Thanks all of you.

@jguerdat wrote:

Consider the approved Tenergy rechargeable battery sets. While there's a large up-front cost, the savings overall would be significant.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@neoflyer1

Glad to hear you are up & running!