Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras are not Recording or Sending Alerts After New app install

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Catrina602
Tutor
Tutor

I removed the app I had from my phone yesterday (9/12/2019) and installed the new app as instructed in an email.  I now hove version 2.8.0_25870 created 8/23/2019 and since I installed this app my cameras do not record video or alert me when there is activity/motion in the camera's view or in the designated activity zones.  Also when I select the activity zone option to set a new or additional area, there isnt a view of the area the camera is aimed at, it is just a pink rectangle with a smaller purple area within it that looks like it's probably supposed to be the area to detect activity.  I pay for a monthly subscription to get the most from these cameras and it all seems to be a waste of money (camera system included).  Cameras are armed and there are no time restrictions.  Anyone know how I can get the recording and notifications to work again?

8 REPLIES 8
TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have you received help ? Have you cleared out and rules or setting and started new with each camera, making sure you hit SAVE on each screen for each camera
Catrina602
Tutor
Tutor

No, unfortunatley it hasnt been resolved.  I don't know how to clear the rules and settings.  Do you know if would I need to reset all devices and start from scratch to do that or is there in option within the settings?  Thank you for your help.

TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
Find the MODE settings
Choose "armed " the pencil is the edit button for each camera , make sure to hit save on each screen before closing .
Catrina602
Tutor
Tutor

Mode is set to armed for all 3 of my cameras.  I just realized that every time I've tried to adjust the activity zones the app freezes up and I get the little circling thing and a message that says please wait, however, it never actually loads, but I can see the pink and purple squares faded in the background.  Why oh why must they mess with things?  It already didnt work the best to begin with, but they made it even worse.   

Lehigh
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes. there is no recording.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Lehigh

Is this occurring on the Mobile app & web browser?

Are you using the new migrated Arlo app?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Catrina602

Is this occurring on the new Arlo app or web browser?

Catrina602
Tutor
Tutor

I guess it would have been in both.  I get alerts via the app on my phone but wasnt and also nothing was being recorded or saved to the library.  I did a live view and then manually recorded like 10 seconds of video just to see what would happen and if it would be saved to the library.  It did and since the whole system is working like it did before.   Not sure what happened or how that helped but so far it's working fine.