Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

The secure app says my Arlo cameras are offline. I attempted to connect an older camera and when it failed, they all went offline and I haven't been able to get them back on.

I have as follows: A VMB3000 Base station, 3 classic Arlo cameras, and 2 Arlo Q cameras, with only one currently in use (4 working cameras total). The first two, being in the office and the filing room, were working prior to trying to connect the Arlo Q stationed in my boss' office. 
I went through the sync process as guided through the app with the Arlo Q, and heard the chime, but it wouldn't be discovered even with the correct wi-fi credentials. After that, the two Arlos mentioned prior stopped working and were listed as offline.

I have tried hitting the sync button on the base and even hit sync on all the cameras, but they wouldn't pair with the base again. 

Also, only my boss' phone can see the video feeds. I cannot, despite having signed up with Arlo just to help monitor the business. Is there anything we need to do or subscribe so I can help her?

Base Station VMB3000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

It doesn't matter anymore. None of you could solve our problem in time and I was advised that our cameras are discontinued anyways.

We will not be using Arlo or Arlo services anymore. You're losing clientele to Blink.

Goodbye.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There are two interfaces within the Arlo mobile app today. New accounts will see a new UI experience, this shows a "Feeds" tab across the bottom of the app. Accounts that were set up previously will show a library tab across the bottom of the app. Take a look at the app on your account and the app on your spouse's device and compare. Both accounts will need to have the same UI experience showing "Feeds".

If your account does not show "Feeds", you will need upgrade your account UI by attempting to onboard a security system or a Pro 5 camera (even if you do not have one). Once you enter the onboarding flow for one of these products, you will be prompted to update the app to the new UI experience. After completing the upgrade, you can then leave the onboarding flow and share devices with your boss.

For the offline behavior you are seeing you may need to reset the Basestation.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values#:...

ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

1. My boss, not my spouse, has an older phone but is showing a similar UI layout as mine.  I have a brand new phone and a new version of the app, so there's no updating to the UI necessary. There are no options in the Feeds section to see. When I tap on Feeds, it says 'You have found a premium feature'. Additionally, it doesn't give me an option to switch between the two locations, it just gives me the option to arm and unarm the location they asked me to set up when I made an account. 

2. Do we really need to subscribe to a plan in order to see cameras that were days ago working?? Why should we spend more money on a plan that may not even work because our cameras aren't functional? Surely paying $300+ dollars on the device originally would give you unlimited access.

3. I've already done a factory reset on the hub. I've added, removed, and re-added it multiple times, yes including removing and re-adding it on the app. I've done it both with and without a stopwatch. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ToriAtSIQ wrote:

I have a brand new phone and a new version of the app, so there's no updating to the UI necessary.

To clarify:  The current version of the app supports two user interfaces - one shows ""Feed" and "Dashboard", the other shows "Library".  Which UI you see depends on a back-end account setting.  It DOES NOT depend on the app version.

You don't need a subscription to use the "friend" feature, but the UI in the both the primary and friend accounts have to match.

That said, if this is a new camera, then the primary account will need a subscription in order for either account to see recordings in "Feed". If it is a legacy camera (the original HD camera, Pro , Pro 2) then it does have 7 days of free cloud storage - so a subscription would not be needed.

So double-check that the primary account UI matches yours.  If they don't match, the "Library" account will need to migrate to the newer "Feed" interface.

Note that I don't work for Arlo, so not responsible for any of this.

ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app doesn't even allow me to change the current UI. I've tried. My boss has the Library option, as she's the main account holder. I just set up an account as directed by Arlo to assist her.

The cameras we have are the original Arlo cameras, the kind that takes 4 batteries to operate. Well, at least 3 of them are. The other two are Arlo Q cameras that refuse to connect.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ToriAtSIQ wrote:

The app doesn't even allow me to change the current UI. I've tried. My boss has the Library option, as she's the main account holder. I just set up an account as directed by Arlo to assist her.

Do you see Library?  Or Feed?

You cannot migrate from Feed to Library, but you can migrate from Library to Feed.

ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see Feed. My boss has Library. I've already stated that.

So what do I do? Are the original cameras not supported anymore?

If so, I'm not gonna ask my boss to dish out 300+ dollars for a new system and 200+ just to get a yearly subscription. We'd be much better off buying a different brand.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ToriAtSIQ wrote:

I see Feed. My boss has Library. I've already stated that.

And @BrookeN already told you what needs to be done.

The boss account needs to be migrated from Library to Feed.  That is done by going into add device in that account, and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  You can't complete that, since you don't own one.  But the workflow will migrate the account to Feed.

Feed is quite different, and there are some limitations (and bugs).  The biggest one is that there are no custom modes.  Users have also had some difficulty in getting scheduling to work properly.  Once the account is migrated, there is no way to migrate back to Library.

ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

It doesn't matter anymore. None of you could solve our problem in time and I was advised that our cameras are discontinued anyways.

We will not be using Arlo or Arlo services anymore. You're losing clientele to Blink.

Goodbye.