Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras always go offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Cricket74
Follower
Follower

We are fed up with these cameras. We have had 5 for about 5 years and they continue to go offline, especially when we go out of town. They are useless. We have great WiFi and even had it upgraded. We pull them down, sync them, put them back up and within 2-4 days they are offline. Usually it’s our carport and driveway but the other ones at the pool and front door have been going offline lately. I have spent $14.99 month for the service and it has been a huge waste of time. Get a wired system and save yourself money and annoying hassle. I mean, they go off the moment we leave town, and when they work, they don’t even capture half the cars pulling in or kids walking into back door. Waste of money!

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have had system for 6 years now. First two years good. Remaining years unreliable, but of late pathetic connection issues and batteries being run down much too soon the past couple months.
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

. . . and as of 5 minutes ago, another cam from 200% batt to needing batts.

So in 48 hours 3 cams batt dropped to needing batts (dead) and two 100% batt but back offline again.

What a mess with this system.

Krg1222
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same problem Talked and talked and talked to support same thing unplug the base station reconnect the cameras works for five minutes pieces of junk I’m going to the water system
Krg1222
Aspirant
Aspirant
Support team never fixes it their junk it’s a rip off they’re only good for so long I’ve tried everything 1000 times that support told me to do