Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Won't Sync After Being Offline For A Week

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Djdel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m trying to set up my camera after they’d been offline for a week. Now when I try and insert new batteries in a camera and setup it doesn’t find my camera and the blue light flashes continuously.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Use remove device and bring back as if new ( re sync )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Djdei,

To remove a device go to Devices > Settings > My Devices > Select The Desired Device > Remove Device. Then try and Re sync the desired device to your Base station.

Snk9129
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue of the camera never syncing; just blinks blue continuously. I removed the device and then tried adding it back as a new device. Same results....blinks blue continuously!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try resetting the camera by opening and closing the battery door?

Snk9129
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is the only way to stop the constant flashing blue light. I have tried resetting the cameras by removing batteries, tested all batteries to make sure they’re all good batteries, removed device and attempted to re-install. The same thing happens; blue light on camera flashes as if it is trying to connect, but it never does and the flashing blue light never stops. You have to reset the camera to get the flashing to stop.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may be a faulty camera, open a case with support here.

Snk9129
Aspirant
Aspirant
Although I appreciate the advice, this camera has been working for two years and now suddenly has gone offline and there is nothing that I’ve been able to do to fix it. I don’t believe that it is a faulty camera. Maybe they only have a 2 year life span and then you have to spend the money to replace it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine are over 3 years and have no problems. Stuff happens. An open case may lead to a resolution although that may just be to replace the camera.