Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Missing on PC webportal

Discussion stats
MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

Anyone having issues with some of their cameras being missing when viewing through the PC web portal?

Android is okay, but on our PC we only see the first three of ten.

41 REPLIES 41
CosmicAvenger
Aspirant
Aspirant

MikeBravo is right, I submitted logs to JessicaP. And yes, I have refused to turn on 2FA until they fix the issue with remembering browser-based devices like laptops & desktops. I have enough security on my devices, I don't need their additional layer every time I log in. If anything, I'd trust my laptops more than my phone.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not alone... only 3 of my 15 cameras show up on Win10/Firefox last night/ this morning... but it worked fine on android and IOS.

Tested Chrome and that was fine so I went back to FFox and fiq'ed something was messed there.

Did a REFRESH of the browser ( FireFox ) which deletes old but saves important info like psswords to sites...

It fixed the issue here.  All cameras now showing again.

Why?  Have no idea, as it just started out of blue last night.

see below;

What does the refresh feature do?

Firefox stores all your settings and personal information in a profile folder. The refresh feature creates a new profile folder and saves your important data.

The refresh feature removes add-ons normally stored inside the Firefox profile folder (such as extensions and themes). Add-ons stored in other locations are not removed (although any modified preferences are reset).

Firefox will save these items:

• Bookmarks
  • Browsing and download history
  • Passwords
  • Cookies
  • Web form auto-fill information
  • Personal dictionary

These items and settings will be removed:

Note: The refresh will place your old Firefox profile on your desktop in a folder named “Old Firefox Data”. If your problem persists, you can partially restore lost information by copying files to the newly created profile. If you no longer need this folder, delete it because it contains sensitive information.
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

TomMac 

Guru

Not alone... only 3 of my 15 cameras show up on Win10/Firefox last night/ this morning... but it worked fine on android and IOS.

Tested Chrome and that was fine so I went back to FFox and fiq'ed something was messed there.

Did a REFRESH of the browser ( FireFox ) which deletes old but saves important info like psswords to sites...

It fixed the issue here.  All cameras now showing again.

Why?  Have no idea, as it just started out of blue last night.

We did that as well when it first started last week and then was only briefly intermittent. However as time went on it became more persistent. That's when we began to experiment with cache cleaning and resetting which seemed to work at first but then stopped.

As it is, we're getting periods where all browsers are affected and then some hours later only one or two are affected and one---though not the same one each time---come back by themselves without our doing anything.

We noticed a week or so ago a change in the way the PC web portal works----not for the better----and perhaps this has something to do with it.

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary
CosmicAvenger 

Aspirant

MikeBravo is right, I submitted logs to JessicaP. And yes, I have refused to turn on 2FA until they fix the issue with remembering browser-based devices like laptops & desktops. I have enough security on my devices, I don't need their additional layer every time I log in. If anything, I'd trust my laptops more than my phone.

Our PC devices never leave the house and our phones are properly protected.

The truth of the matter is that most intrusions occur through company servers which even in computer companies apparently are woefully protected. Maybe it they finally got with the program we wouldn't have to deal with these punitive measures.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@MikeBravo wrote:
CosmicAvenger 

Aspirant

Our PC devices never leave the house and our phones are properly protected.

The truth of the matter is that most intrusions occur through company servers which even in computer companies apparently are woefully protected. Maybe it they finally got with the program we wouldn't have to deal with these punitive measures.

@MikeBravo When you relpy to another post you can use the quote icon to quote it as it would be easier to understand what is you or the quote the other person is saying. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@MikeBravo 

Thanks for info... will keep an eye on it in case it pops up.

Seems sporadic that it doesn’t happen all at same time to all if a FW/SW problem.

As mentioned, no issues here since refresh done...time will tell.

Morse is faster than texting!
MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

dcfox1 (Master):

There is no 'quote' icon anywhere on the page when I reply. All I have is a 'Cancel' and a 'Post' icon.

It disappeared many months ago.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@MikeBravo wrote:

dcfox1 (Master):

There is no 'quote' icon anywhere on the page when I reply. All I have is a 'Cancel' and a 'Post' icon.

It is still there, I just used it. In the toolbar at top you have to select "expand toolbar"(the 3 dots at the right) for it to show up. Not down where it shows cancel or post icon. 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@dcfox1 wrote:

@MikeBravo wrote:

dcfox1 (Master):

It is still there, I just used it. In the toolbar at top you have to select "expand toolbar"(the 3 dots at the right) for it to show up. Not down where it shows cancel or post icon. 

Okay, finally found it.  We used to have a green box icon like 'post' and 'cancel' which is what I was looking for. 

Thanks.

MikeMcF
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I log in I can no longer see my devices displayed on the devices page, also when I go into settings and select individual devices those pages won't display either.

Any ideas?

ilex27
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is also happening to me. I don't log in on a PC every day so I am not sure when it  began, but in the past couple of weeks. And may I say how irritating Arlo's implementation of 2FA is on a PC? Really? a text EACH AND EVERY SIGN IN? Finally get in only to find I can not review my live cameras, OF WHICH I HAVE 9. 

MikeMcF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, my devices display and work properly on my phone in the app, so it isn't a device issue. Its something to do with the web implementation.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience in regarding to this. This issue should now be fixed. Please try checking again to see if you're able to see your cameras on PC again. If you're not able to still see, try clearing your cache and cookies from your browser to see if that resolves the issue.

Otherwise, please let me know if you're still not seeing them even after clearing your cache and cookies from your browser.

CosmicAvenger
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, it works for me, although I did have to clear my browser cache and cookies (Firefox 78.0, Win10) to get it back.

ilex27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree. My mobile devices all display as before. PC - no.

MikeMcF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, this solved it for me, too.

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If anyone is running Linux and issue persists, try Librewolf or Seamonkey browsers... whatever *fix* Arlo says they did that works for those on Windows it doesn't work for Linux, then, because still can't use Chrome, Chromium or Firefox... not even with new browser profiles with no add-ons or tweaks made to browser, just plain vanilla out of the box settings...