Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Nei
Tutor
Tutor

Still using the batteries the camera's came with. I just recently charged all my batteries. I have a few cameras, all Arlo Pro. One of the camera's is detecting only 1% battery life. I even switched the fully charged batteries to the other camera's who correctly detect a full 100% battery life. For some reason this one camera isn't detecting the battery life properly. Could the camera be going bad? I purchased these camera's May of this year. 

I even removed and placed the battery back in a few times in case it wasn't in all the way. Still no change.

What else can I try to resolve this?

Current Firmware: 1.092.023_32920 (no new updates available)

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Nei

Have you tried to reboot the base station & remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add it?

ItonRolia
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same problem with one of my Camera too. Mine detects 3% battery on a full charged battery.

Reboot the base station and remove re-add the camera didn’t help.

We’re you able to fix yours?

Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ItonRolia

Is this percentage occurring on the Arlo app and web?

Starbelly4
Initiate
Initiate
Have you resolved this problem? I’m having the same issue!
ItonRolia
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resolved by unregistered the camera and re-add it back.

It happened again on my other camera. Fixed with same solution.

It could be a bug in the current firmware. To avoid this from happening, I found it’s better to go to Arlo app to turn off the camera before replacing the battery.

Hope this works for you.

Cheers
Davidcurl
Guide
Guide

OK.  I have a similar problem...I went to change the battery in a Arlo Ultra (never had problems before). I have 2 spare batteries that are pretty new.  When i replaced the battery, it would not come on line. I tried resync, reboot, remove the camera. Then once i removed the camera and tried to add it back, it would not sync or find the camera. So changed the battery again. Still could not add the camera.  Called Tech support (Chat line). They walked me through all the steps above. Still not able to sync.  Then they ask me to change the battery as i had already done this twice. So by this time, my battery that was low, was charged. I decided to put that battery back in... And it WORKED!! took this "good" battery out and put one of my spares in and it did not sync.  So put the old battery back it and it synced back up.  I know the spare batteries i have are good. The Tech said that i needed to move the hub to another room and sync off line.  But i was tired and did not have time to do this. They were to leave me instructions, but didn't. 

So how do you sync a camera off line? They said that i needed to move the Hub and plug it in a different room, plug the camera into the Hub? or power to manually sync...Any ideal what the steps are?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Davidcurl

I see the cameras synced once with a set of batteries you have. I do not see a need to relocate the base if the cameras are syncing to the base station.

Davidcurl
Guide
Guide

I didn't understand that either...But is sound like they want me to re-sync in a different environment (location) and also re-sync without internet.  I am not sure how that process works or if it works.  I may have not understood the process.  

My concern still is ...why does it work with the original battery that was in there for 3 months and not with 2 other batteries that i have only used 2 or 3 times? This does not make sense to me.

Ang1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased mine in June 2019 and all 3 cameras are fully charged but the application doesn’t detect them fully charged. It keeps saying “battery needs to be charged” I received an update but still having the same problem. Reset the modem two times, remove all the cameras and reinstall them all but I still have the same problem. Is this normal? That after a few months cameras become unusable?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ang1

What version of the Arlo app are you using?

Have you tried removing & re-installing the app?

Ang1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m using 2.16
Ang1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I tried removing and reinstalling a couple times
ItonRolia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine was purchased at exact time Jun 2019 from Costco.

90% time when changing battery, I have to remove the camera in the app,  resync to add the camera back. Otherwise, the camera won't detect the fully charged battery.  Very annoying, but I get used to it now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ang1

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support