Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
SC11
Tutor
Tutor

New user here and currently scratching my head trying to set the Arlo up for the first time!

Base unit is listed under Mode but it constantly states 'getting information'

When I sync a camera the camera flashes to show its connected and appears to work audible click when motion is detected and the infra red led light

But still no camera in the app, also looking in 'settings' under 'current subscriptions' it doesn't list any base stations and 0 cameras connected!

Also for a single user should 'grant access' be listed as 0

thanks in advance

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SC11
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry yes it did, bit of faff sorting out our new business broadband but once installed and using the business hub 5 Arlo set up straight away and working great 🙂

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SC11,

Consider a reboot of the base station by pressing the on/off button. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green internet LED and log in to your account to see if you are getting the same behavior.

Grant Access showing as '0' indicates thaty you have not shared access with any other users. That is normal. 

JamesC

SC11
Tutor
Tutor

Tried all that base unit connects and I find it in the app but when I again sync the camera it shows as connected on the base but nothing in the app.

just tried it on the laptop and the same, tried factory reset to start again but the lights when pressing reset and sync stayed green no Amber lights.

now with the base back on two green lights neither the app or laptop can find the base unit 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The new firmware requires ONLY the reset button for factory reset.  It was the old firmware that also required the sync button to be pressed.  Try again.

SC11
Tutor
Tutor
Tried again with just the rest and the two green lights just stayed solid! No Amber light?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How long are you pressing the reset button? It takes several seconds. Also, a power cycle using the power switch may help first.

SC11
Tutor
Tutor

Managed to get the base reset (wasn't holding long enough)

Now using the laptop and added the base but again when I sync the camera I get the flashing blue on the camera and the solid green light on the base so camera is synced but still under subscription is still has 0 cameras connected?

Not sure where to go from here!

Reset, restarted even removed and readded but still no joy on neither my laptop or iPhone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Now that the base is added can you use the app to see if cameras show up? If they don't, try adding them using the app or a different browser. Sometimes weird things happen that trying a different method can work around. The current browser may work by flushing the cache and/or logging out and back in.

SC11
Tutor
Tutor

Think I may know the cause!

since the laptop and iPhone found the base etc I didn't even consider it being the router but after googling Arlo and BT homehub 3 it's apparent this looks the main culprit as I few have mentioned the lack of video streaming.

my options are get BT to send me out the HomeHub 5 which initial checks on here appear to be compatible with the Arlo or a different brand of router all together (at a cost to me as I'm on BT Business) 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The HomeHub3 does seem to be the root cause of these issues.  I don't know if a different router would fix this or not (we don't have access to these devices) so I'd suggest, based on others' successes, to get the 5 version.

SC11
Tutor
Tutor
BT homehub 5 is on route I will update with progress ones it's installed.

Fingers crossed this is the issue.
BobAtUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having exactly the same problem, did the new BT Hub fix it?

SC11
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry yes it did, bit of faff sorting out our new business broadband but once installed and using the business hub 5 Arlo set up straight away and working great 🙂

BobAtUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have requested a Hub 5 from BT anyway - Free of charge. So will friend out soon

BobAtUK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to confirm, this fix does work. Once I got a FREE replacement BT Hub 5 it worked straightaway.

lina87
Aspirant
Aspirant

i am having the same problem my arlo cameras are syncing to the router but not appering on my app 

i read that i need a BT homehub 5 but i am not sure what that is or how i can get it ?

please help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not a UK user but it would seem to be that the HomeHub 5 is your modem/router from your ISP.  Contact them to determine what you have and what your options are.

Deblee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just set up the base station and synced the 3 wireless Arlo cameras (you can hear them come on when motion is detected) but they don't show up on the app. I have another inside camera with sound and mic and it is the only one that shows up. This is a replacement system. I deleted the old app and downloaded a new app. It found the base station and had what I thought were the 3 old cameras so I removed them befor syncing the 3 new ones but the new ones are not showing up as described above.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a browser.  Any difference?