Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
maryandglenn
Follower
Follower

Hello,

Over the past month we have noticed our Arlo isn’t recording all activities. Packages have been delivered, solicitors have dropped off information, with no recording.  Other times it does record.  At times I will get an alert message on the phone but nothing is in the Library. Are you aware of this problem? Is there an ETA on a fix?
Below is information on our cameras.  We have rebooted/restarted the base station and cameras.  
Before this started, I purchased a set of cameras to give as a Christmas gift but with this new development, I’m taking them back.  

Version  2.6.1.21_1a1c5482ea811dc16f603fc0f4932afdf12cc094
Released 11/21/18
Flicker Adjustment Auto (60 Hz)
HW Version  VMB3010r2
Firmware  1.12.0.0_27099
3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @maryandglenn,

Try to update to the latest Arlo app and see if that helps.

rvrolyk
Guide
Guide

I seem to be having a similar issue; I just received a notification from one camera and while the preview showed a person, the actual 30 second clip had no such image.  Given I think it was our pool person entering the yard via a gate, there are 3 other cameras that should've picked them up as they walked over but none alerted (one of them very close to the one that alerted).  And nothing picked up the exit from the yard either, not even the one that alerted originally.

I've confirmed I'm on the latest (iOS) app, that the camera firmware is up to date and that the base station is up to date.  I have not tried restarting the base but will do so however this has me concerned that these are missing other, more critical events (and thus not serving their purpose).  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @rvrolyk,

Do try to restart your Base Station if you haven't already. If you are still having problems, try to raise the motion sensitivity and try to reposition your camera to make sure it catches the motion properly. You can read here on how to optimize motion detection: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

Also try to change the record video time to see if you catch any motion if you do get alerted: How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?