Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera problems & motions problems

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Robocop37690
Aspirant
Aspirant

My unit is brand new not even a week old and I got problems, one of my cameras isn't picking up motion now, it was working just fine a couple of days ago out of the box, I can watch it in live mode with no problems this is very strange. Also another problem with my other camera, when it tapes, it tapes from the front house camera view instead of the actual camera itself that it should be taping from? It seems like this is very confusing! My last problem is, all my cameras, except the back view camera, are picking up a lot of motion almost all the time here and there throughout certain times of the day, Can anyone help me on these problems? Or are these ongoing problems with other people? Thanks a million! - Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Shows like you edited some of the default modes and/or things got messed up.

but it can be put back as new......

Do a full reset of the base unit...hold in the reset button for about 10 secs till the front LEDs flash.

Then open and close all the camera battery doors...then you will have to re-sync the cameras as if new.

This will rebuild your two default modes Armed and Disarmed ( all on, all off).

From. Here you will also have to re adjust all the camera setting just so like when installed

If you want make custom modes and try to to edit the two defaults 

As as to the one camera recording a diff one, this is an option you can pick when making custom modes; cam A senses, but records cam B

As as to to much recordings... The sense level is adjustable and try not to cover to much area at one tome.

hope all this helps

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Shows like you edited some of the default modes and/or things got messed up.

but it can be put back as new......

Do a full reset of the base unit...hold in the reset button for about 10 secs till the front LEDs flash.

Then open and close all the camera battery doors...then you will have to re-sync the cameras as if new.

This will rebuild your two default modes Armed and Disarmed ( all on, all off).

From. Here you will also have to re adjust all the camera setting just so like when installed

If you want make custom modes and try to to edit the two defaults 

As as to the one camera recording a diff one, this is an option you can pick when making custom modes; cam A senses, but records cam B

As as to to much recordings... The sense level is adjustable and try not to cover to much area at one tome.

hope all this helps

Robocop37690
Aspirant
Aspirant

WOW! Thank you very much for that info! I will try it out and let you know my progress. Thanks again for your help!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

"If you want make custom modes and try to to edit the two defaults"

That's TRY NOT TO EDIT THE DEFAULT MODES

( late night slip and fat fingers on ipad )