Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera package upgraded but new camera doesn't show?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
C6RLJ
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo system with 5 cameras and so today upgraded so I could add my 6th however the panel says click to see live feed the camera serial is detected in my device list but I've removed and re-synced many times now and still I can see the image but I do get alerts saying its caught movement? Any ideas I've even re over batteries twice?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

C6RLJ,

I am not following your description of the issue. If the serial is in your device list and you are getting motion detection alerts this means the camera has successfully synced. Is the camera not showing up on the cameras screen with the rest of your cameras?

JamesC

susanw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I have the same problem.  I just added my 10th camera today.  It synced with the base station and the serial no. shows as the 10th camera on my screen, but when I click "live" I get nothing - no picture at all.  It does, however, record video when movement is detected, and it records. (I can view it in the library with no problem.)  Why can't I see the live feed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

susanw,

When attempting to live stream, do you see any error messages?

If this is a new camera, it could be on old firmware and you may need to allow the camera to update overnight.

If you are still having trouble, consider removing the camera (Settings > My Devices > selected the affected camera > Remove Device) and go through the sync process again.

JamesC

Dallas2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the 2 camera package and upon set up I just could not connect the second one.. It would only shoe a frozen screen picture 😁anyway I was finally told from support team that the camera software needed to be upgraded. So long story short I got s replacement package and brilliant the dam thing worked.... Could your camera be dodgy as mine was..