Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jilly
Follower
Follower

I just bought this system about a week ago and it was working perfectly.  Then today one camera keeps going offline.  I tried re-syncing it to the base station, removing the batteries and then putting them back in, restarting the base station....all to no avail.  It will start up for a little bit, but then when I set it back up in its place, it goes back to not working.  Do I have a defective camera?

5 REPLIES 5
bevette1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. Do I have a defective camera ?
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello jilly and bevette1, 

One reason why the camera would not stream or stay connected is because of signal interference or distance. Please see this KB article about camera streaming and follow the suggestions to improve the performance of the unit. 

I hope this information will help. I'll be here if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
Lu31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. It has nothing to do with the distance. It's right next to the base stations. I open the pattern door. It activates. It registers the batteries are full charged. And then boom. Offline. 

I I just got this camera. So upsetting. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lu31,

When the camera shows offline what is the behavior of the camera LED on the base station?

Do you have more than one camera? Are all cameras affected?

JamesC

Lu31
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi:

No, all my other cameras (5) are ok. This one only says CONNECTED. Then when I try to access live it goes OFFLINE. Or if I am able to connected, then after exactly 2 minutes it goes Offline. The batteries are brand new. I have several batteries and it always say they are depleted. 

I contacted Amazon and I am returning this item. Clearly its defective.