Camera offline while I'm out of town

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tocker30
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC Of course, as soon as I leave my house and stop for gas I look at the cameras and my main camera is offline. The battery level this morning before I left was fine. I have tried rebooting the device and it won't come back. How can I get it back online remotely? This isn't a good way to start my vacation.
2 REPLIES 2
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I had two out of five cameras go offline as a result of the pushed firmware update yesterday, and there was nothing I could do remotely that worked to get them back up.  When I got home, I had to pull the batteries, restart the cameras, resync the cameras, and then reboot the base station; after which I manually downloaded the FW updates (neither camera had the latest), and then rebooted the base station again since it still incorrectly informed me that the cameras needed an update.  After that, I am stable again.

Note that the battery and signal levels were fine on both cameras, so those would not be a good explanation as to why it happened.

Clearly there is an uptime problem that makes Arlo cameras risky to use as security cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tocker30,

Rebooting the base station remotely is one option (you seem to indicate above that this was not effective). It could be that the most recent camera firmware update was not able to be applied, which caused the cameras to drop offline. See here: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

Would it be possible to have a friend (family member etc.) stop by and check the batteries/reboot/resync the affected camera? (camera reboot can be done by opening and close the battery compartment door)

JamesC