Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Offline and Add

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AustinT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Came home after being away a few days to find that the camera in my basement was offline.  Took the following actions. First, took the camera to where the base station is located.  Attempted to sync it by holding button on station until light blinked.  Did the same with the camera.  Ended up with amber lighrt blinking.  Next, replaced batteries and tried sequence once again.  This time, the blue light flashed but the camera still showed as being offline.  Finally, deleted camera and tried to add it back. Blue light flashed on camera but it did not add.  Note that batteries are new and i did the last step again after swapping them with ones from another camera.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AustinT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help. I ended up resetting the base station and adding all the cameras back.  Interesting that only the camera with the problem showed as needing a firmware update.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

reboot the base via the power button after removing the device, then try and bring it back

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

May be a bad camera but first press the sync button on the base only briefly (<1 second). Maybe you held it too long?

AustinT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help. I ended up resetting the base station and adding all the cameras back.  Interesting that only the camera with the problem showed as needing a firmware update.