Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
hwitten
Tutor
Tutor

Not sure if I just bought the wrong batteries, or?

I put a set in that showed 3.4 Volts. Cam worked for a few minutes and then went to message to replace batteries. Battery indicator showed empty and when trying to connect to the camera it times out. Acting like it shut itself down. Camera firmware is 1.2.2688. Base station: 1.4.2695.

Any suggestions appreciated. If I can't use rechargables the cameras will be a candidate for my white elephant box as running with non-recharables would make it too expensive for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Sali,

Thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

Best Wishes!

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm guessing wrong batteries. Visit the Buying Tips and Options forum for lots of pertinent info. Quickly, the EagleTac 750mAH and TangsFine 1000mAH batteries have been doing well and others are under consideration.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

hwitten wrote:

Not sure if I just bought the wrong batteries, or?

I put a set in that showed 3.4 Volts. Cam worked for a few minutes and then went to message to replace batteries. Battery indicator showed empty and when trying to connect to the camera it times out. Acting like it shut itself down. Camera firmware is 1.2.2688. Base station: 1.4.2695.

Yes Alro will work well with rechargeables.... Just not those.

The fact that your installed batteries at 3.4v means thy're  prob 3v rechargables as that's the normal  V comming off charge.

You should be looking at 3.7v li-ion rechargables of of QUALITY name brand ( not the china crap that are highly overated in power)... the users here have gone through a number of brands and some come out on top as 'the best'. As mentioned, EagleTac 750mAH  came in first and the TangsFire 1000mAH batteries 2nd or 3rd.

Most here using the listed on site li-ion batteries at 3.7v averaged about 45 to 60 days ( diff being type used ). Also make sure you get a good matched charger for the batteries. Remember too,  a quality li-ion battery in the 123 format can not be over 750 mahr in the real world... no matter how they rated it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't think the batteries you speak of are of the rechargeable variety.  I would not try and recharge those!

-Robert
hwitten
Tutor
Tutor

Egg on face. They should've at least worked once though 🙂

Anyways... having a hard time finding the recommended in Canada so I'm going to try:

Neewer High capacity 3.7V 1000mAH 16340 CR123A Rechargeable Battery.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

hwitten wrote:

Neewer High capacity 3.7V 1000mAH 16340 CR123A Rechargeable Battery.

Just be careful as it seems these have no PCB (protection curcuit) in them... So don't run them totally dead AND use a good charger for them so not to overcharge.

Usu they come off charge at about 4.2v

Morse is faster than texting!
hwitten
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks TomMac. I'll keep an eye on it and same time look for better alternatives. Only ordered 4 as a start.

In the meantime, cams back to life with "Energizer's".

sali
Aspirant
Aspirant

If this can help anyone else:  originally bought Watson rechargeables from B&H 3.0V 400mah - constantly changing them and recharging -

just put in Powerizers 3.6v 650 mah - sooooo much better !!!! Got them from Zbattery.com with 2 double charging stations for $124.65 with shipping. not bad, let's hope this works - so far so good. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Sali,

Thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

Best Wishes!

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.